RapidComposer VST time lag in Studio One

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am running the latest RC VST in the latest Studio One (in Windows).

I am trying to edit/experiment in the RC VST screen and then route the MIDI into Studio One to play along with my existing tracks in Studio One.

Two issues being encountered:

1. I can't delete notes in the RC VST. I can add them and move them but not delete them. I highlight them and click Delete or Backspace but no effect. I tried the same file in the RC standalone and there are no problems. In the standalone I deleted notes and saved and then closed down the RC standalone and reopened the same file in the RC VST in Studio One. The changes I had saved in the standalone appeared in the RC VST, but I still cannot delete notes in the VST.
2. When I route an RC VST track via Host and then redirect the incoming MIDI from the RC VST track in Studio One to a separate Studio One track with a piano instrument on it (using the same MIDI channel), there is a significant delay (latency before the RC track is heard, compared to notes at the same point in the music in other Studio One tracks). That is odd as Studio One is usually able to adjust for different latencies on different tracks. When I drag the same MIDI from the RC VST track into the Studio One piano track and drive the same piano VST from the dragged in MIDI (instead of from the VST track), there is perfect sync. So somehow (quite bad) latency is arising between the RC VST and Studio One.

Has anyone else experienced these issues/does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Hello Peter,

Studio One intercepts any keystroke for which it has a registered shortcut, so the plug-in window does not receive any keypresses. I am going to contact PreSonus about a possible solution because this is really annoying. E.g. in REAPER there is an option to forward all keypresses to the plug-in but as far as I know there is no such setting in S1.

I did what you described but I have not found any latency. I can send you a simple S1 song to demonstrate this. Please always use the VST3 plug-in when possible as it is a newer API and the plug-in supports 128 channels. I have access to S1 5 only but I am sure it should work in S1 6 too. If you send me an S1 song in e-mail (to info@) I'll check that.

Thanks,
Attila

Please always use the VST3 plug-in when possible as it is a newer API and the plug-in supports 128 channels.

Thanks,
Attila
[/quote]

Is there any plans to get this working in Ableton as it's a real shame for us ableton users that don't get to use the VST version in the way we used.

You should bug Ableton about this so that they support 128 channels for VST3 plug-ins just like other DAWs.
I have no plans to support multiple RC plug-in instances loaded and used at the same time.
In the past this was an ugly workaround :bang:

You should bug Ableton about this so that they support 128 channels for VST3 plug-ins just like other DAWs.

Unfortunately the time Ableton implement this you're probably be on rapidcomposer version 6.0. Lol

Which is a real shame for RC users considering Ableton Live is in the top 3 most popular used softwares along with Pro Tools and and Logic.

I think as well we're other popular softwares like, orb composer and captain chords that and scalar sync perfectly with Ableton there's probably not enough people asking about RC.

Hence why I really hope you can add this midi learn inside mutator very soon as that's my only work around as I can use the VST version with more than one instance.

Thanks

Return to “MusicDevelopments”