Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5.1 UPDATE – LFO Favorites + more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Can someone help me with this, I'm not interested in sidechaining with shaperbox I just prefer to use the automation curves and options I configure and map to, I find this method is straightforward but is this a correct way to use shaperbox?

Let me provide you a video so it makes more sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFR3vSa ... rt2Deetoop

Trancit wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:54 am I would really like to see a preset system for curves only...
We're providing a big variety of waves per Shaper, fine-tuned for the particular Shaper, so there are many starting points with the factory waves. Would you own waves differ a lot of them, is there something in particular that you're missing?

Subbase wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:47 pm where do i find the download for this new update,cant find it when im logged in on your website
Right at the top of your account, if you own ShaperBox. The current version number is 3.3.1.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:48 pm
Trancit wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:54 am I would really like to see a preset system for curves only...
We're providing a big variety of waves per Shaper, fine-tuned for the particular Shaper, so there are many starting points with the factory waves.
For me, especially the "Rhythm" sections having to little choice and I find especially there one cannot have enough presets, just for stepping through without having to edit a lot...
Would you own waves differ a lot of them, is there something in particular that you're missing?
It´s not necessarily that they would differ a lot but having different rhythms, having things finetuned...
I don´t find editing curves in the shapers that easy so I avoid editing myself as much as I can...
The current way to save own curves just in a "fixed" preset for the whole Shaperbox is imho not very flexible and can force you having to make the edits over and over again...

A unified curve preset system for all shapers imho would fix this bottleneck...
Last edited by Trancit on Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Subbase wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:47 pm where do i find the download for this new update,cant find it when im logged in on your website
v3.3.1 is showing for me. You should see it on your User Account page.

Hi, can you assign the envelope to modulate the hold parameter on the noise shaper?
I see it can modulate level and pitch, but can it do the hold or release from its envelope?

dveble wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:23 am Hi, can you assign the envelope to modulate the hold parameter on the noise shaper?
I see it can modulate level and pitch, but can it do the hold or release from its envelope?
Hi,
No, that's not possible. Only the Noise and Pitch parameters can be modulated using NoiseShaper’s LFO. You can automate the Envelope controls, though, if that helps.

Trancit wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:49 pm
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:48 pm
We're providing a big variety of waves per Shaper, fine-tuned for the particular Shaper, so there are many starting points with the factory waves.
For me, especially the "Rhythm" sections having to little choice and I find especially there one cannot have enough presets, just for stepping through without having to edit a lot...
Would you own waves differ a lot of them, is there something in particular that you're missing?
It´s not necessarily that they would differ a lot but having different rhythms, having things finetuned...
I don´t find editing curves in the shapers that easy so I avoid editing myself as much as I can...
The current way to save own curves just in a "fixed" preset for the whole Shaperbox is imho not very flexible and can force you having to make the edits over and over again...

A unified curve preset system for all shapers imho would fix this bottleneck...
Do you mean something like the Bitwig latest “common database” for all their curves shapes?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:25 pm Do you mean something like the Bitwig latest “common database” for all their curves shapes?
For example...

But foremost I had something in mind like in Tantra or VPS Avenger...
Just to have a lot of variety and the ability to easily save your own presets as well, which would be available in all Shapers not just the one you are making the preset for...
Tantra.jpg
Avenger.jpg
But Bitwig and kiloHearts (of course as Bitwig copied their system 1:1) have the nicest browser for such curves as they show the preview (which do the Shapers as well but their is too limited choice imho)
Snap Heap.jpg
I mean these Shapers live basically from the curves... not everybody (like me) has the imagination to create these curves themselves but atm it´s still treated a bit stepmotherly from Cableguys as well as being able to load presets for the single shapers... not only for the whole Shaperbox...
This would working for me far more easy with it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trancit wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:47 pm
liquidsound wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:25 pm Do you mean something like the Bitwig latest “common database” for all their curves shapes?
For example...

But foremost I had something in mind like in Tantra or VPS Avenger...
Just to have a lot of variety and the ability to easily save your own presets as well, which would be available in all Shapers not just the one you are making the preset for...
Tantra.jpg
Avenger.jpg
But Bitwig and kiloHearts (of course as Bitwig copied their system 1:1) have the nicest browser for such curves as they show the preview (which do the Shapers as well but their is too limited choice imho)

Snap Heap.jpg
I mean these Shapers live basically from the curves... not everybody (like me) has the imagination to create these curves themselves but atm it´s still treated a bit stepmotherly from Cableguys as well as being able to load presets for the single shapers... not only for the whole Shaperbox...
This would working for me far more easy with it...
That should be a priority for ShaperBox…
I use LFOTool and I do save my curves but it’s not a visual system like the one in PP.

Yes, that’s a great FR!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

My only comment is that I love it. Thanks!

This is one of the products I have been interested in for quite some time. I hope to purchase it by next year. :wink:

sb3_winter_sale_2023.png

Hi all, we just launched our ShaperBox Winter Sale – get the ShaperBox 3 Bundle with €340 of effects for €89! Includes the new ReverbShaper worth €39. https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox

There are also discounts on selected ShaperBox 3 Upgrades – log in to see your available deals: https://www.cableguys.com/login-upgrade
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great value in all honesty.
<List your stupid gear here>

Curve 2 is a pretty cool synth. Is there any way to make it bigger though?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Effects”