Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5.1 UPDATE – LFO Favorites + more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

midi_transmission wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:13 pm 10-16 ms are perfectly fine for mixing but 10 ms can be too high for real time audio. Think about plugin chains in addition, because they accumulate their latency. Many gates or limiter have lookahead settings to handle it accordingly. On simple signals the precision is often not so crucial.
That's why we provide a menu option to turn off "Anti-Click Trigger Smoothing" for lower latency.

Audio triggering without latency/lookahead would result in very mediocre transients placement, though. But you can use MIDI triggering instead of audio triggering, if latency matters. You can even use our transient detection and let ShaperBox output MIDI notes whenever a note is detected, record them on a track and route this track into ShaperBox for MIDI triggering, resulting in 0 latency.

Here's an example where we use the "MIDI Out" feature of ShaperBox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWSDqaNrqVk

For complex signals like in the example I can imagine that it's vastly superior to use lookahead. I like the idea to print the midi and use that afterwards.

For an isolated single type drum hit a threshold based trigger can work quit good too with the advantage to have almost 0 latency in real time scenarios. Similar like you'd use a sidechain compressor to duck a signal or a gate.

Imagine to use effect shapers to process live recordings. One can use it like this with a real-time drum replacement plugin that triggers midi. I thought it could be fun to have this out of the box.

I remember when this company had this only this simple little volume shaper, which I found very useful. Now I got this whole Shaperbox and it is amazing.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Shaperbox is great :) I wonder if they will add reverb and delay in the future.

Or maybe waveshaper 👍

This is my number 1 for hihat and shaker generator. So funky. So smooth.

__Karlo__ wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:08 pm This is my number 1 for hihat and shaker generator. So funky. So smooth.
I had never thought of using it for this.

Would you mind explaining how you create these? Assume you are using the noise generator or similar.

Samiver wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:02 am
__Karlo__ wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:08 pm This is my number 1 for hihat and shaker generator. So funky. So smooth.

Would you mind explaining how you create these? Assume you are using the noise generator or similar.
We made a video on exactly this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc5Es5WE250

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:04 pm

We made a video on exactly this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc5Es5WE250
That's great, thank you.

Yup. I just snap to grid, add a bunch of points/nodes and then mess with the wave shape slopes until I get dancing flickering little rhythms. Then I’ll either use a panning shaper or the width shaper to get flickering hats dancing around the stereo field.

Use 2 instances and you can get some very technical sounding hat/shaker/whatever rythmic patterns.

__Karlo__ wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:32 pm

Yup. I just snap to grid, add a bunch of points/nodes and then mess with the wave shape slopes until I get dancing flickering little rhythms. Then I’ll either use a panning shaper or the width shaper to get flickering hats dancing around the stereo field.

Use 2 instances and you can get some very technical sounding hat/shaker/whatever rythmic patterns.
Thanks for the explanation, that's a great use for it. Something new for me to try out👍

I would really like to see a preset system for curves only...
If I compare Shaperbox with something like Tantra or Avenger got included on possible shapes the choice in Shaperbox is quite limited and no way to save your own curves to use in different Shapers...
While kilohearts and because of being a copy of that system now Bitwig do it the right way by showing a preview in the popup browser of the presets that you already have an idea how simple or complex the preset is...

Trancit wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:54 am I would really like to see a preset system for curves only...
If I compare Shaperbox with something like Tantra or Avenger got included on possible shapes the choice in Shaperbox is quite limited and no way to save your own curves to use in different Shapers...
While kilohearts and because of being a copy of that system now Bitwig do it the right way by showing a preview in the popup browser of the presets that you already have an idea how simple or complex the preset is...
Absolutely this! It would improve usability hugely. Please make it so?

And CLAP support for per voice shapers…

where do i find the download for this new update,cant find it when im logged in on your website

Return to “Effects”