Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5.1 UPDATE – LFO Favorites + more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

If you bought Cableguys everything pack you can do this in FiltershaperXL in some really powerful ways. There is a seperate LFO for 'Amount' (this would be the 'vertical' you asked for) and for speed (if you aren't tieing the effect rate to be midi sync'd). These LFOs on your curves (you get two panning LFOs that interact with each other as well) can either use curves you draw in and an envelope follower. Do this with super subtle pan, volume, filters, resonance (each has two LFOs that then have their own LFOs for amount applied and speed) and you can make Diva/Softsynth of choice sound so friggen sexy and alive. Filtershaper doesn't have key switches though, so you loose that functionality.
Trancit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 am I do have a FR for Shaperbox in general but for i.e. the Pan Shaper in detail... perhaps I just don´t know how to do it properly though:

What I like to do very often is to apply a bit of random panning to a sound in 2 different ways:
1. like a classic S/H modulation
2. note triggered for stuff which does not really apply to standard "beat synced" values...

So my request would be to add some "random changes" (vertically would be enough) to the existing whole curve or to even simple lines (vertical value)...
Complete curves can be vertically randomized at every loopback and simple lines at every LFO trigger (i.e. new "value" on every beat if the LFO speed is set to "1/4")
As the Shaperbox can trigger envelopes via Midi or audio sidechain it would be nice if this randomization could be triggered by those to have even more control/ different triggering options... so every new note triggers a new random value...

If you know an already existing way I missed please don't let me die stupid... 8)

ROTMetro wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:06 pm If you bought Cableguys everything pack you can do this in FiltershaperXL in some really powerful ways. There is a seperate LFO for 'Amount' (this would be the 'vertical' you asked for) and for speed (if you aren't tieing the effect rate to be midi sync'd). These LFOs on your curves (you get two panning LFOs that interact with each other as well) can either use curves you draw in and an envelope follower. Do this with super subtle pan, volume, filters, resonance (each has two LFOs that then have their own LFOs for amount applied and speed) and you can make Diva/Softsynth of choice sound so friggen sexy and alive. Filtershaper doesn't have key switches though, so you loose that functionality.
I do have it...that´s a nice tip... thx very much!

Ceej wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:47 pm this is also how the DAW can save the current state of the plugin when it saves the project.
Totally forgot about that, actually. Good point!
But that said... other plugins manage without creating an undo point.
That's why I was asking about SB using the same "unit" for both automation and midi. Only thing I could think of.
Ceej wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:47 pm I'd assume this same basic issue arises in other plugins too? I don't recall hearing a similar complaint in the past, though...
Well no, and this is why I was pushing the issue a bit. Never seen unneeded undos like that.
Could be wrong though, as I don't really send midi to fx like that. It's just that SB was integrating so nicely into so many channels, I wanted to create a streamlined experience for my templates.

I've sent midi to Zebrify, Gross Beat, Melda fx, Effectrix etc, and never seen this happen, but who knows...

Anyway... no biggie. Automation works fine :wink:

Thanks for the reply.

_al_ wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 pm That's why I was asking about SB using the same "unit" for both automation and midi. Only thing I could think of.
You can change the same parameter (the number of the selected wave button) both via automation or via MIDI - thus when you do via MIDI we have to tell the DAW that this parameter changed, and this creates the Undo step.

Selecting a wave button via MIDI is no different than clicking it with the mouse: The selected wave changes. And that is a parameter that can also be automated via the DAW.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 am Selecting a wave button via MIDI is no different than clicking it with the mouse: The selected wave changes. And that is a parameter that can also be automated via the DAW.
Hmm, ok, it makes a bit more sense when you explain it like that. :)

ShaperBox 3.5.1 - LFO Favorites.png

Hi everyone! We just released ShaperBox 3.5.1, an update that enhances your experience when working with Presets and LFO Waves.

First, each Shaper now has a Favorites section that stores up to 9 of your favorite LFO shapes. Use it to build up a bank of your custom VolumeShaper sidechain curves, your favorite time-twisting patterns in TimeShaper, and so on. Import and export all your Favorites via the Main Menu for backup, setting up a new installation, or to share with others.

LFO copy/paste now works globally across all instances of ShaperBox – and even between other compatible Cableguys plugins (FilterShaper XL will soon receive this feature in an update).

Presets can now be saved and loaded in FXP format via the Main Menu.

And you can now save your custom ShaperBox startup settings in an instant with the 'Save as Startup Preset' option in the Main Menu. For example, always start ShaperBox with your favorite VolumeShaper multiband ducking setup.

Finally, we tweaked the MIDI Switch mode, which now offers better visual feedback, with note names that light up when that MIDI note is received.

All changes in ShaperBox 3.5.1:
  • New: Presets can be saved and loaded in FXP format via the Main Menu.
  • New: Favorites section in Wave Presets area for storing customized LFO waveform selections for each Shaper. These are available globally across all ShaperBox instances on your computer. Main Menu entries for Import/Export Favorite Waves allow for management and backup as well as migration of your Favorites to and from other computers.
  • Improved: Copy/paste of LFO waveforms now works globally across all versions of ShaperBox, FilterShaper XL and MidiShaper released after March 2024.
  • Improved: Custom startup presets can now be saved directly via the Main Menu.
  • Improved: Clearer layout for MIDI Switch mode, with notes that light up to indicate held MIDI notes, and waveform colors that reflect the current Shaper when selected.
  • Fixed: A wave could be incorrectly highlighted in the Wave Palette.
  • Fixed: Removing a Shaper did not remove its MIDI Switch assignment in the Wave Palette.
  • Fixed: In rare cases, removing or switching to a different Shaper could cause a crash.
  • Fixed: After loading certain presets, the “preset changed” asterisk was shown despite no changes.
  • Fixed: The "No MIDI triggers detected" notification did not work correctly with LFO Pitch mode.
  • Fixed: The “No MIDI/audio triggers detected” notification did not disappear until the second detected MIDI/audio event.
  • Fixed: In certain situations, TimeShaper could click or produce artifacts at the end of 1-shot LFOs.
  • Fixed: The red marker in TimeShaper's visualizer continued to be shown after a 1-shot LFO ended.
ShaperBox 3.5.1 is a free update for all existing users. Log in to download at www.cableguys.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lee / Cableguys on Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well that's awesome!

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:34 pm All changes in ShaperBox 3.5.1:
  • New: Favorites section in Wave Presets area for storing customized LFO waveform selections for each Shaper. These are available globally across all ShaperBox instances on your computer. Main Menu entries for Import/Export Favorite Waves allow for management and backup as well as migration of your Favorites to and from other computers.
Not as advanced as I would have wished for but at least a starting point and welcome addition...thx!
  • Improved: Custom startup presets can now be saved directly via the Main Menu.
Finally... thank you! :tu:

Wow, now that is a heavyweight update
Thank you!

Any more thoughts on global mix lock :-)

Wow, they finally caved and let people save/load presets files. :party:
Every third-party preset pack (not many) requires using FL Studio as a workaround.
Maybe in 2039 they'll support .FXB files too so you can load more than one at a time. :tu:

Just discovering Shaperbox and not sure how to utilize midi triggering in a cool way. Any ideas?

Return to “Effects”