OP-Xa Explore and sound banks

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OP-Xa V

I was spending some time auditioning OP-Xa presets, since I upgraded to V9 recently and was checking out what new presets had been added in the new bundled collections.
reaper_s8t1h6rAVM.png
I don't recall what the banks were under V8, but...

There is now a "Factory" bank,
reaper_tURFIJhzAD.png
and a "Vintage Factory" bank
reaper_lwkKVliPOX.png
notice there is a lot of overlap in presets.

And it gets worse when you look at the Explore View:
reaper_8Ef1yYE6uJ.png
presets have different type metadata between the two banks, thought they are the same preset. e.g. A-2 Clavinet is "Classic Synth Keys" in the Factory Bank, but it's "Plucked Keys" in the "Vintage Factory."

Some consistency is needed, here.

Further: when you get away from the OB-Xa factory patches that Arturia has ported,
there are original presets that are duplicated, as well (see A Lonely Sunday:
reaper_DOobYSPFjM.png
Strangely, you can only click on one of them; and if you've sorted the view by Type, and the Type isn't consistent between the different banks, then the view will jump* from the preset you're not allowed to select (for some reason) to wherever else in the Explore view that preset is, sorted by the other Type:
For example, Birdsong Lead Type: Lead>
reaper_l34yUvkNMm.png
when clicked, leaps down to Birdsong Lead Type: Sequence> Melodic Sequence:
reaper_Js2tc5Tdas.png
I have uninstalled the plugin, re-installed it, and cleaned the prefs, but the banks are still in a bizarre state. Anyone else getting this problem?

(I haven't looked too deeply into some of the other synths and their patches, yet, so I don't know if they are similarly affected.)

* get it? :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

I have had similar actually, but it's a bit different for me as I have to install different versions and beta versions which cause problems. My presets are NEW LOOPS by the way (seen in your images), If I remember correctly, uninstalling everything, clearing all presets, the lot, and starting again sorted it for me, but be carful with that! You would have to backup your work and presets first or risk losing stuff.

Other than that I don't have any idea why it does this.

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:01 am If I remember correctly, uninstalling everything, clearing all presets, the lot, and starting again sorted it for me, but be carful with that! You would have to backup your work and presets first or risk losing stuff.

thanks, I was afraid of having to scrape it all out. Fortunately I've not yet gotten into patch creation for myself, so I wouldn't lose anything there, but it is a pain in the behind.
Also: I'm sorry there aren't any "New Loops" presets with Hearts in the screen caps, but be assured, there are some elsewhere :)
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

blatanville wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:09 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:01 am If I remember correctly, uninstalling everything, clearing all presets, the lot, and starting again sorted it for me, but be carful with that! You would have to backup your work and presets first or risk losing stuff.

thanks, I was afraid of having to scrape it all out. Fortunately I've not yet gotten into patch creation for myself, so I wouldn't lose anything there, but it is a pain in the behind.
Also: I'm sorry there aren't any "New Loops" presets with Hearts in the screen caps, but be assured, there are some elsewhere :)
Ahah :D No worries, my ego is intact. :tu:

I may have answered my own question:
when I looked into the program data\Arturia\Presets folder, I found folders for all of my Arturia synth and FX plugins, and noticed that there was still an OB-Xa folder, in addition to the OP-Xa folder...
I wondered if the plugin was still reading the old OB-Xa folder's contents as a means of supporting people who might have presets from before the name change. So I uninstalled the plugin, again, and deleted both of those preset folders, then re-installed the plugin.
Only one preset folder appears, now, for OP-Xa, and the preset browser no longer shows duplicates!
image_2022-10-16_210145817.png
I also had to delete and re-download some banks from the Store within Analog Lab V to restore those banks to the OP-Xa browser. The banks were still appearing in the Analog Lab browser, but without making an exhaustive investigation of every single preset, I couldn't be sure that I wasn't missing anything from the store banks.
HTH.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Arturia”