VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

msvs wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:49 pm
DCrown wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:24 am Sorry for the strange question, but in Tone2 Icarus thread there are some "rumours" about you, Manuel.
How likely is it that Avenger will still exist in 5 years? 5 years would be ok for me, but less would not make me happy.
When was the last time you were at the doctor?
And why didn't I ever had issues with the 90 days re-authorization? I never re-authorizised, did I? It's seems to be an issue for some users.
wtf? what if wrong twith you? :-D
I googled for this Icarus thread and there just one person questions himself, what would happen with your license if a dev dies. Well apart from, that you can say that for every product, In my case, Rene will continue it when I die, and I will continue it, when Rene dies. If we both will sit in the same crashed plane, well then, the heirs/beneficiaries will have to decide what to do. This is really the strangest place on earth.
but what if they decide to switch off online servers? :cry:
no plan B for offline activation? :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:21 pm
DCrown wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:24 am Sorry for the strange question, but in Tone2 Icarus thread there are some "rumours" about you, Manuel.
How likely is it that Avenger will still exist in 5 years? 5 years would be ok for me, but less would not make me happy.
And why didn't I ever had issues with the 90 days re-authorization? I never re-authorizised, did I? It's seems to be an issue for some users.
I googled for this Icarus thread and there just one person questions himself, what would happen with your license if a dev dies. Well apart from, that you can say that for every product, In my case, Rene will continue it when I die, and I will continue it, when Rene dies. If we both will sit in the same crashed plane, well then, the heirs/beneficiaries will have to decide what to do. This is really the strangest place on earth.
What if there will be no one to fix that old Roland JP 8 or discontinued Prophet X?

There are so many ifs. Just use freeware synths (that are just amazing Tyrell, Surge XT, Vital, Access Virus A/B/C Ti emulations) or the ones that does not require online activation like the ones from uhe.

Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 pm
What if there will be no one to fix that old Roland JP 8 or discontinued Prophet X?

There are so many ifs. Just use freeware synths (that are just amazing Tyrell, Surge XT, Vital, Access Virus A/B/C Ti emulations) or the ones that does not require online activation like the ones from uhe.
:dog:
apples and oranges... yeah sure the ones are Hardware and freeware and offline synths you dont need any online activities. do you now understand or is it too hard to understand?
anyways, seems it is hard to understand or for some it is the same :D.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:25 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 pm

apples and oranges... yeah sure the ones are Hardware and freeware and offline synths you dont need any online activities. do you now understand or is it too hard to understand?
anyways, seems it is hard to understand or for some it is the same :D.
Apples and oranges my ***. If there are no spare parts (aka support in software world) for hardware just like for a software, you are screwed. Do you understand or is it too hard to understand? :dog:

Do you realise that whole life is just one big IF and the problem is not synths or their activation method but your insecurities, just go to a psychologist or psychotherapist to get help instead, it will save you a headache and gonna make your life more fulfilling :-)

Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:51 pm If there are no spare parts (aka support in software world) for hardware just like for a software, you are screwed.
Transistors, capacitors, resistors, transformers - they will always be available (and no online authorisation is required to use them). ;)

Also, developer's wellbeing can be important - e.g. if you invest on the stock exchange, it is worth knowing whether the position of the CEO of your trusted company is secured. ;)

robert_p wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:07 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:51 pm If there are no spare parts (aka support in software world) for hardware just like for a software, you are screwed.
Transistors, capacitors, resistors, transformers - they will always be available (and no online authorisation is required to use them). ;)

Also, developer's wellbeing can be important - e.g. if you invest on the stock exchange, it is worth knowing whether the position of the CEO of your trusted company is secured. ;)
Cracks for software will always be available too i can say. Or it will be done freeware. So whats the problem?

Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:14 pm Cracks for software will always be available too i can say. Or it will be done freeware. So whats the problem?
No problem at all. Counterfeit currency will always be available too. ;) Apples and Oranges ;)

robert_p wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:17 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:14 pm Cracks for software will always be available too i can say. Or it will be done freeware. So whats the problem?
No problem at all. Counterfeit currency will always be available too. ;) Apples and Oranges ;)
Apples and oranges is a classic kvr quote when there is nothint argumented to say.

Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:21 pm Apples and oranges is a classic kvr quote when there is nothint argumented to say.
Because there is nothing more to say about it. Also, there is no need to write about "someone's insecurities" or seeing "a psychologist or psychotherapist to get help". ;)

robert_p wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:35 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:21 pm Apples and oranges is a classic kvr quote when there is nothint argumented to say.
Because there is nothing more to say about it. Also, there is no need to write about "someone's insecurities" or seeing "a psychologist or psychotherapist to get help". ;)
out of my experience, normally i shouldnt/wouldnt reply to such a reply from Lbdunequest cause if someone posts such a statement i guess you cannot change their mindset ;). so just move on instead of wasting more time trying to argue with another mindset. hope the guy gets lucky with his/her online products, just please @Lbdunequest , dont forget to connect your hardware online and switch it on every 3 months to be sure it starts. and please read again what offline vs online is and what freeware, support, OS means. so hopefully you can connect the dots yourself. KVR is a place of many great people who are more patient to explain this :tu:

just as a fact, Camel Audio for example sadly was stopping to sell/develop Alchemy and all their products for Windows, they gave every buyer a watermarked OFFLINE installer.
NI stopped letting you activate a row of their products, now find the difference :).

@Manuel
Well, I didn't expect you to read the whole Icarus thread, but if you did you would have seen that someone mentioned before my post, that it's likely to happen and I replied you could say that about every small plugin company.

I copy and paste from Icarus thread part of the post I replied to

". If you don't remember the password, have a nice day! You will not be able to move forward with your project. If Avanger were to go out of business [ it can happen ] or Manuel were to die [ it can happen ], all your sounds, projects and songs will go to the grave with him. Just like that, even if you don't like to hear it, it's possible."

P, S. Never ever forget your Avenger password! You will be completely lost!l and the world will never be the same!

WTF is happening in this thread! No wonder the Tone 2 guy wanted out, having to deal with this cretinous stuff!
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

It's so far below the belt that it's above the chin again...

That's just disgusting.

Hi Manuel, I don't know how big a deal it would be to do, but it would be really helpful if the patch name window could be made full (synth) size, or better yet if you could decouple the window entirely. I've spent the last few days going though about 26 expansions and saving sounds I think I can use and I've got about 1011 so far, it would be very helpful to see an entire sub-category. at once, rather than just a few at a time?

Also just to say, this synth has some of the best kick samples I've ever heard.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Return to “Instruments”