Soundbanks protected with password

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why nobody care about sound designer's work?
I mean the developers.
How difficult could be to be done?
Password protected soundbanks?

How would that work?

When save soundbank,use a different password for each individual customer and if it's uploaded somewhere you know who's soundbanks is this.
Simple :)
It's really amazing that absolutely nobody discuss shocking fact that the sound we create can not be authorized,like its charity for a good cause - software developers complain about illegal using of their products - what about the people making entire electronic music happening last 40-50 years to be protected too,what about their work and products?

Even if you password protect a .zip file all someone has to do is unzip it and zip the files back up again to share it.

The sad reality is there is no way to copy protect patches or samples. Developers can lock installation of sound banks to a particular user but very few actually go through the trouble, especially smaller developers.

No, watermarks do not work. :(
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:59 am When save soundbank,use a different password for each individual customer and if it's uploaded somewhere you know who's soundbanks is this.
Simple :)
That's down to whoever made the bank.

How is it relevant to LennarDigital?

hahaha u seriously?What the developer has to do with soundbanks made with his synth...don't know,may improve the synth so whoever buy it in the future to have such password protection for his work with this or another synth...it's mission impossible to start even a conversation how big is the mess about original sound,copyright protection so on...anyway, cheers :)

Unfortunately there really is no proper way to do this. It would be very easy to load the soundbank and save it with a different password for example.

The only way this could be done is to encrypt and lock the sounds (and link them to a certain license code). This would mean you can only load the protected presets, but not edit them nor save them. But that's also not favorable, because when making music you will want to make at least some slight changes to make the sound fit your song..

Lennard wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:40 am Unfortunately there really is no proper way to do this. It would be very easy to load the soundbank and save it with a different password for example.

The only way this could be done is to encrypt and lock the sounds (and link them to a certain license code). This would mean you can only load the protected presets, but not edit them nor save them. But that's also not favorable, because when making music you will want to make at least some slight changes to make the sound fit your song..
Thanks for honest answer,that's what i'm saying - no tools for that,especially selling soundbanks as fruits in a basket - if you create individual soundbank for every customer could be used some protection implemented in every bank,but unfortunately don't see many designers to care about that at all.
I found my solution...
Unless you have 10+ years sound design experience,no way to turn two knobs and to achieve what i do now and call Nonlinear Dynamic Modulation :)
Cheers :)

on the other hand, some developers managed to protect their expansion libraries for example some Unify (pluginguru) libs are protected , or vps avenger expansions are also protected. Or Halion libs of Steinberg.
Last time the activation manager did not work, and I was not able to load a specific preset in Halion Sonic SE, because it said not activated...

Those plugins all use sample libraries, so when you try to load a preset it will have to access the (protected) sample library and fail if there's no license for the library. Sylenth1 does not use samples, it generates all sound in real-time so there's no external sample library to call.

It is an interesting topic, not specific to Lennar Digital at all though. Generally, I don't really think it's possible. I will say one thing though. My business is dependant on honest, decent people that value hard work, talent etc. These people - my customers - I thank every single day!

Return to “LennarDigital”