Disting Mk4 - Audio Playback not working - also firmware won't update?

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just bought a Disting MK4. However, audio playback is not currently working. I think I have followed the instructions correctly, but I have attached a screen grab of the files and playlist. The files are all 44.1/16. The other issue is that I don't what firmware my Disting is on and I can't update it, see second screen grab. All help greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The firmware version is shown when the module starts up.

The firmware version gets displayed as part of the startup 'pattern' when the module powers on; sequence is light all columns sequentially, light all rows sequentially, bootloader version, firmware version, as per page 6 of the manual.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

If your bootloader is b1, you wont be able to load firmware 4.15 or later until you upgrade to b2, as per https://expert-sleepers.co.uk/distingfi ... dates.html

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:50 pm If your bootloader is b1, you wont be able to load firmware 4.15 or later until you upgrade to b2, as per <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://expert-sleepers.co.uk/distingfi ... html</span>
I watched the video and looked at page 6 of the manual. I don't fully understand the process - how do I upgrade the bootloader? Is this separate from the firmware?

is your Disting definitely on the b1 bootloader then? ie is it displaying b1 and a version below 4.15 when it starts up?

the bootloader upgrade is separate from the firmware, and the process is detailed on the webpage I gave the link to. Scroll down till you see the text in the pink box below the info on what's in 4.15, read the text, watch the video below that, read the text below the video.

OK, I understand now. I have upgraded the B2 and to the latest firmware - thanks for the advice. I still don't have audio playback though.

Have you tried the example audio files linked from the user manual?

os wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:32 pm Have you tried the example audio files linked from the user manual?
OK, I am getting some sound now, but it doesn't sound like what's supposed to be on the SD card, but rather just some sort of random scrubbing sound in small bursts?

I'll try the audio examples now. Cheers.

When I just had a look at my audio samples folder on the SD card, there were new files with 'reversed' appended to my original files?

That would imply you were using the reversed or scrubbed audio playback mode.

I have sound now, it's a bit jittery, but I need to spend more time with it. Thanks for the advice.

Is there a reason my samples would be looping in I3 even though I have -loop=0 in my playlist?

Please attach the playlist file here.

I can't upload the .txt file? The file says:

Disting playlist v1

-loop=0
-gap=0
-fadeIn=0
-fadeOut=0
sample01.wav
sample02.wav
sample03.wav
sample04.wav

Return to “Expert Sleepers”