Some contact mics what I builded.

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since I was talking about these in another thread, I thought I might as well throw up some pictures of them.

Built into a very small hammond box, with a quarter-inch socket. Made two of these.
IMG_20220711_113549_2.jpg
Plastic bottlecap housing, weighted and waterproofed with plastidip. 1/4" plug and 6 foot of cable. Made two for myself, another couple for work.
IMG_20220711_113850_1.jpg
Basic piezos, hotglue reinforcement and plastidipped, with 1/4" jacks. For the field recorder bag. Just did these two.
IMG_20220711_113739_7.jpg
Basic piezos, hotglue reinforcement, plastidipped, braided cable cover and 3.5mm jack socket, for (semi)permanenent attachment onto various acoustic 'things' like kalimbas, spring boxes etc.
Made about 12 of these with various different piezo sized (3 large (as per the top one in the picture), 3 medium (middle one), 6 small (the bottom two) I think)
IMG_20220711_113618_5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I also built a 'tin can' mic, but I forgot I'd only got halfway through spraypainting it. Finished that now, but I might build a couple more first, as I'd originally intended.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

edit: sorry, wrong thread
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

my first pick up of any type was on an acoustic, my first guitar, that I got 51 years ago today...my dad did the pick up, he taped a small headphone size dynamic speaker. Then when I got my first real electric* we turned a tube ham radio amp into a guitar amp head and made a crude cabinet for a 12" speaker.

(not mine but the same color and all)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Real nice!

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”