Thoughts on Ilok?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Milkman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:50 pm
For example, did any of you DRM ghouls aware that the COUNTRY OF AUSTRALIA, a large western "democracy", is about to trial NO PHYSICAL MEDIA sales in their country?
What does "NO PHYSICAL MEDIA sales in their country" mean?

If you search, it says Disney is phasing/ has phased out physical media in Australia
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:01 pm
Milkman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:50 pm "democracy"
🤡
:tu:

pdxindy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:03 pm
Milkman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:50 pm
For example, did any of you DRM ghouls aware that the COUNTRY OF AUSTRALIA, a large western "democracy", is about to trial NO PHYSICAL MEDIA sales in their country?
What does "NO PHYSICAL MEDIA sales in their country" mean?
What is physical media????!!! I dont know. Lets ask iLok what physical media is, or what "ownership" was.

revvy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:16 pm If you search, it says Disney is phasing/ has phased out physical media in Australia
I wonder if Disney will be the only large media conglomerate to stop selling physical media in... AU?

lol there are other articles about this problematic idea if you search, and just think about that for a second with a sober, self respecting mind: what happens when we lose ownership over products we buy, and we can no longer obtain physical copies of anything?

5G , illuminati, hat 👻
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm 5G , illuminati, hat 👻
Yes, understanding DRM philosophies and technologies = "tin foil hat".

Found the person for whom basic tech explanations = magic.

“Milkman” the “scientist “ “informs” KVR about DRM. “Lucky” KVR 🍻

revvy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:34 pm “Milkman” the “scientist “ “informs” KVR about DRM. “Lucky” KVR 🍻
Oh "no", you've got "me". I "understand" tech and I "write" words on "forums"!!!!

"lol"

Will you not be able to watch the next Loki batch of episodes? I'm furious!!!
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:21 pm Will you not be able to watch the next Loki batch of episodes? I'm furious!!!
Peanutbutter sandwiches are delicious and CRTs are ancient technology!!! I, too, can word salad like a pro when trying to hijack threads away from topics I do not like.

Lets just talk about how awesome iLok is, and how good it is for Brands. Let's pretend this is LinkedIn lmao

Milkman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:03 am Lets just talk about how awesome iLok is, and how good it is for Brands. Let's pretend this is LinkedIn lmao
No one said it was awesome, milkmaid. It's a burden we consumers have to take.
One could exaggerate and say it was the most evil thing in the world like some people here are doing, but it's definitely not.
IMO it's one of the most flexible copy protections out there
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Milkman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:03 am Peanutbutter sandwiches are delicious and CRTs are ancient technology!!!
“Peanutbutter” sandwiches are “delicious”

:borg:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

“Disney is banning books in “so-called” “Australia”!!!!”

Lately (8+ years) worked fine.

Return to “Effects”