Thesys: Not understanding how to assign CCs from Modulation section

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, please excuse my newbie ignorance. I am really digging the Thesys demo and want to buy it (I was an ERA2 user years ago!)

But in either Reaper and Logic Pro X I am struggling to understand how to assign a modulation lane to a parameter in a softsynth. I actually believe I did it once and now can't recreate it.

For example at the moment I am trying to modulate the filter cutoff in BX Oberhausen with Thesys's modulation section. Both using the Ober's MIDI assign method and/or Logic's controller I can't get it to work. Not dooing any better in Reaper.

In a learn system where the synth is waiting for the next MIDI CC message to learn the assignment, how do you get that Thesys modulation lane, and whatever CC I have selected there, to be that next message?

Sorry for the clumsy language, and thanks

Hi Magpel,

ok, in general, to send out MIDI and CC values you will have to route the MIDI output of Thesys to your target synth and to configure your synth to react on CC's. The thing is that most DAW's don't use the MIDI channel from a plug-in and in Logic only MIDI FX supports direct output of MIDI from plugins. So if you load Thesys in the MIDI FX slot and your target synth (here Battery) in the instruments slot of the same track, it should work.

1.jpg

In the Thesys modulation sequencer, set some values and press play to send the MIDI events.

2.png

Then select MIDI learn on the knob in your target synth you want to remote.

If you want to make further assignments, you should first turn off the modulation from the previous assignment in Thesys.
(Otherwise every other controller in your target synth would learn modulation 1.)

3.png

Now you can use the 2nd Modulation track in Thesys.

4.png

It does not matter which CC you choose in Thesys, since your target synth simply assigns the first CC that it receives from Thesys.

In Reaper the easiest way is to plugin Thesys VSTi on a track and the target instrument on a further track. Then in the IO menu of the Thesys track route the MIDI output (-Sends-) to your target instrument.

Untitled-1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”