Pigments to V Collection upgrade cost?

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a couple Arturia instruments already, Mini V and Farfisa. I also have Analog Lab full version.

Right now the only V Collection discount that shows up is $499 instead of $599 based on owning Farfisa V. Does owning Pigments lower the upgrade cost further, or no?
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

My two cents.. Open a support ticket and ask. The Arturia upgrade paths are confusing, and broken - at best. I already own VC 9. However - I see VC 9 upgrade as $499, from a copy of SQ-80V i had purchased separately, from a copy of Jup-8 V4 I had purchased separately, from a really old Analog Laboratory I have, but no upgrade option from Pigments which I also have. So - short answer is, it doesnt look like there is any additional upgrade saving with ANY combination of other Arturia stuff. (and not from Pigments, to your question). But.. it also looks pretty broken. :D -- I mean, I already own VC9.. and my 'upgrade' to what I already own, is $499.

Open a support ticket, and hope you get someone nice on the call.

that upgrade price is bonkers..

There’s also the option of waiting a couple months until it’s $299 again for black friday if they don’t raise the price any more?
https://web.archive.org/web/20211126143 ... -friday-21
With many plugins come many responsibility

I don't know that anybody at Arturia can even answer that unless its' during an official sale, … but it won't hurt you to shoot them an eMail. FWIW my experience as a customer has been the more Arturia products I bought the better the discounts have become. If your #1 priority is lowest price and you can't afford to help invest in R&D, and are not too stoked to get the very latest thing right now, just wait it out 'til there's a promotion sale event and log in to your Arturia account and you'll find out whatever your (generally time limited) special deal is.

For example, I got the (excellent!) FX collection super cheap during a promotion and because I'd already bought MiniFuse which comes with a few of them in its' included software bundle. Having bought V collection +upgrades … since 4 through 9 over the years, IMHO over all prices have been extremely fair and reasonable for upgrades and since I already bought a boatload from them, the lovely Pigments (a top fave) was an absolute steal though tbh it is such a great instrument I probably should have bought it sooner (!) though since I waited it was an incredible bargain no-brainer purchase… more recently Dist Cold Fire was just $20 IIRC on the introductory special. Worth noting loyal Arturia *Hardware* owners are frequently rewarded with free firmwares and feature updates too.
Good luck and don't forget to ask *Arturia* when they'll be rolling out CLAP support for MPE across the software product line. 8)
skiltrip wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:50 pm I have a couple Arturia instruments already, Mini V and Farfisa. I also have Analog Lab full version.

Right now the only V Collection discount that shows up is $499 instead of $599 based on owning Farfisa V. Does owning Pigments lower the upgrade cost further, or no?

In the past there was no upgrade from single instruments. The few I had I sold simply, which more or less does the same, might be even more attractive. I don’t know if policies changed…

Pigments to V Collection is called a "crossgrade" and I guess it happens once a year, probably once the V Collection is around a year old and/or a new V Collection is around the corner. I'd suggest emailing Arturia Support, but they will probably ask you to wait for that special offer.

Missed the boat, but I recently bought Pigments for $99 and then purchasing V Collection 9 full was $150. So I got both for $250 last week during Black Friday. But at least it answers the question that buying Pigments will definitely lower the cost of purchasing V Collection.

Maybe try contacting them for more info since its not certain how much the upgrades are.

Return to “Arturia”