Small bug

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Incoming midi from integra ( routed from cirklon ) receiving on channel 3 and 10 (left side of screen ) Architect gives an error when nothing is connected to output 10 of the midi switch module ,
Error goes away when connection is made .
Integra is used as mid thru , so it receives mid from cirklon but the midi is piped through integra's midi thru port ( to difficult to explain and I am kinda tipsy , which rarely happens :clown: )
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Edit , error does not go away
Strange
Eyeball exchanging

Had something similar when dealing with the Yamaha MODX (described here: viewtopic.php?p=8256018#p8256018 )

Turns out the MODX also sends some SysEx. I could make the error disappear with this setup:
split_SysEx.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I suspect digitallysane is correct: it's likely to be be that you're trying to read the channel from a channel-less MIDI message. As I believe I said in the related post, I think I need to come up with some better system for handling this as having to manually deal with routing channelless messages yourself is a pain...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:51 am I suspect digitallysane is correct: it's likely to be be that you're trying to read the channel from a channel-less MIDI message. As I believe I said in the related post, I think I need to come up with some better system for handling this as having to manually deal with routing channelless messages yourself is a pain...
Noppes , only midi data on channel 2-3 and 10 is send , nothing else ( see debug window )
The error it gets is "unexpected control at input of switch ' but all it receives are integers at the control input , so that can't be it
How to even deceipher the 'undefined 'error message ??
Eyeball exchanging

"undefined" is what [get channel] outputs when it receives a MIDI event without a channel. What happens if you just route the MIDI input to a [MIDI to tuple] and print? Can you see an unexpected MIDI messages in the console?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Noppes , just straight simple midi data , not on -off , velo, channel etc..nothing out of the ordinary
Hhm , the plot tickens .. it receives an eror message even when all my cirklon patterns are turned off , so no midi data is send at all )
The integra midi indicator lights up when cirklon is started ( no patterns are playing though ) ,so perhaps a start message but how come ARchitect does not show this in the midi debug ?

edit ..seems that the integra is sending a sysex string when it receive start from the cirklon
Eyeball exchanging

Maybe it's that "Running Status" thing where the status byte is removed as long there isn't any change in status, as in consecutive note messages?

I believe in this case it was the sysex message. Architect internally converts running status messages into non-running status messages, so you should never need to deal with the (admittedly minor) hassle of running statuses.

Return to “Loomer”