Volt 276... any good?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been on an E-MU 0404 PCIx for a long time, and it's got the performance I've gotten used to... even the 0404 USB had too much latency for me.

Has anyone tried the Volt 276? Is it any good?

I am starting to face facts... limping along (either by trying after-market patches, or keeping my OS rolled back) so that I can keep using the E-MU is costing me in other ways... mostly that I can't even upgrade most of my other software... it's just not sustainable... and I can't afford a $2k card at the moment.

Nothing I've seen in reviews, most obviously Julian Krause's excellent breakdown, suggests that the latency performance is particularly impressive with the Volt range. Nothing about the feature set makes me want it over cheaper rivals and I think the best thing about it is a proper on-off switch :D

Don't limp along. I've been in that boat and decided I would upgrade to something I never have to think about when it comes to performance. Along came an RME Digiface USB and ADI-2 FS and I am absolutely happy with performance and sound.

What setup are you going with at the minute in terms of I/O, preamps etc?

Hey, How has your experience with the UA Volt 276 been? Recently upgrading to windows 11 and wondering if you have had any issues with it. Any updates since last post?

ant177817 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:45 pm Hey, How has your experience with the UA Volt 276 been? Recently upgrading to windows 11 and wondering if you have had any issues with it. Any updates since last post?
If you're asking the OP, he hasnt logged in to KVR since the day after he posted back in 2021.
If you're asking the guy who responded to him, he hasnt logged in to KVR for about 6 months.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ah Good point. Have you had any experience with the 276 by any chance?

ant177817 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:18 pm Ah Good point. Have you had any experience with the 276 by any chance?
https://uadforum.com/community/index.ph ... rfaces.66/

Volts are pretty good interfaces. Sound good. and have very stable drivers, unlike Focusrite Scarletts
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

ant177817 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:18 pm Ah Good point. Have you had any experience with the 276 by any chance?
Not the -76 but here's my initial report on the Volt2.
viewtopic.php?t=604509

It's stable now I'm used to it -- sounds a lot thinner still than I've been used to on the Zoom UAC-2 and Echo AudioFire4. The -76 might address that, of course.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”