About CLAP

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is not up to the plugin standard at all.

teilo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:44 pm I tried to run this in a Windows VM, but it crashed / exited without showing a window.

In any case, I'm not going to add this to clapdb.tech until I can confirm its legitimacy. It would be refreshing to see a DAW with a highly tuned and optimized code base, vs. the bloat that is almost universal.
I open sourced the project. I had no bad intentions, but got no huge support from any side.
My dream would be seeing open source developers help me turn this into something bigger now.

elnn wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:42 am Does CLAP allow for reduced slewing of parameter changes?
CLAP allows sample accurate automation.
I implemented it in Bass Studio, it is amazing.

Of course, every plugin will do its own parameter smoothing (since most of them do block-wise processing anyways).

I was thinking of softube parallels today.
It is a romplerwith very good sounds and good UI, decent filter section. The modulations are ridiculously bad though and as a result I never use it.

If softube was to convert it as clap, with polyphonic modulations and all, using bitwig it would be dope.
But I guess it is a huge huge work isn't it?

Polyphonic parameter modulation is probably the one feature of CLAP that may require a lot of work to support. This really depends on the software architecture that was chosen when the plug-in was originally developed.

While it was almost easily doable for us to support it initially, we still have the limitation that we only support addressing voices by MIDI Note Number and Channel. We do not support unambiguous Note IDs. Only latter allow for e.g. a Note played twice in a row with overlapping release to have individual modulation. But supporting NoteIDs is such a vast refactoring for us, we would need to alter and debug 100+ files, and this could easily translate to months of development. Hence we will not initially support it, or delay official CLAP releases until we get there. I think we'll make that decision within the next two months, as trade show season is over and we're focussing on releases.

Anyhow, the most important thing is that CLAP is there, the feedback from the developer community is amazing and more and more people see how much sense it makes. Some of its features will take a long time to become "everybody does this now" though.

Urs wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:07 am Polyphonic parameter modulation is probably the one feature of CLAP that may require a lot of work to support. This really depends on the software architecture that was chosen when the plug-in was originally developed.

While it was almost easily doable for us to support it initially, we still have the limitation that we only support addressing voices by MIDI Note Number and Channel. We do not support unambiguous Note IDs. Only latter allow for e.g. a Note played twice in a row with overlapping release to have individual modulation. But supporting NoteIDs is such a vast refactoring for us, we would need to alter and debug 100+ files, and this could easily translate to months of development. Hence we will not initially support it, or delay official CLAP releases until we get there. I think we'll make that decision within the next two months, as trade show season is over and we're focussing on releases.

Anyhow, the most important thing is that CLAP is there, the feedback from the developer community is amazing and more and more people see how much sense it makes. Some of its features will take a long time to become "everybody does this now" though.
Thanks for the heads-up.... Indeed that's seems quite intuitively a very tough change...

By the way, I think CLAP is becoming more and more a marketing plus.

I never used your product because I discovered your brand quite late. I was already having Serum, Falcon, Avenger, eurppa for wavetable and synapse obsession, the legend, Spire, Antidote and Rob papen bit 2 for VA.

Never the less, your products are the only premium ones supporting well clap format so I bought Hive 2 and Diva in the last weeks.

And I am very happy about them.... Maybe in the next versions you will also support voice stacking.... it would be awesome.

Hehehe, Voice Stacking requires Note IDs... I hope we'll get this done soonish, but as I said, we haven't made the decision yet about when to do it. It might happen some time later this year, but I can't promise that yet.

Urs wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:29 am Hehehe, Voice Stacking requires Note IDs... I hope we'll get this done soonish, but as I said, we haven't made the decision yet about when to do it. It might happen some time later this year, but I can't promise that yet.
Sure, to be honest, I don't hold my breath. I am already very happy with what you provide. There is a ton to play with.

My feedback was just that from a customer standpoint, I will focus more and more on purchasing CLAP compatible products. I am already very happy that you changed hive and diva to support it even if not 100%. .
Maybe for your next brand new synth, you will be able to support clap at core from the beginning. At least for me it would be an instant buy ("shut-up and take my money" kind of buy haha....).
Last edited by Jac459 on Fri May 19, 2023 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, a Zebra 3 with full CLAP and MPE would be awesome!
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Urs, will Z3 support these deep dive CLAP features from the outset? I'm wondering, from a U-he perspective, if it would be easier/better to build Z3 that way from the ground up then take any lessons learned and retrofit them back to the other instruments.

The underpinnings of Zebra3 are not new at all. We haven't only started yet, we've had a skeleton for many years.

Most of the code that deals with events and parameters is shared among all projects anyway.

But yeah, we surely plan to be finished with all of this before Zebra3 comes out.

Urs wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:43 pm But yeah, we surely plan to be finished with all of this before Zebra3 comes out.
And ... Any update on when that might be? :D

MrJubbly wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:26 pm
Urs wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:43 pm But yeah, we surely plan to be finished with all of this before Zebra3 comes out.
Absolutely not, but I do think we had some encouraging news during Superbooth23 8)

Urs wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:38 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:26 pm
Absolutely not, but I do think we had some encouraging news during Superbooth23 8)
I saw it only through your IG posts... Your booth was fire!!

Return to “u-he”