432 Hz in Auto-Tune Artist

Official support for: antarestech.com
Post Reply New Topic

Are you able to select 432 Hz on Auto-Tune Artist?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 1

RELATED
PRODUCTS

On macOs, is anybody using Auto-Tune Artist able to set the Detune parameter to 432 Hz?

I find I'm able to use 431.9 Hz and 432.2 Hz but can't select 432 Hz as a set value for the Reference Pitch. This happens when; manually typing in the value, using the parameter and also attempting to use the Cents Detune Display.

Using Bitwig Studio, but found this issue also translates to Logic Pro X and Ableton Live.

:help:

In Bitwig, bring the detune to minimum then map a macro to Detune and set the value to 0.341 and that will set the detune to 432. Probably the same in Ableton Live.

Ah! Thank you for your reply. I tried this method but the closest I could set the macro to was 0.34319964.

It's interesting to see that you also are having trouble setting the Detune parameter to 432hz in Auto-Tune Artist but have fortunately found a third-party roundabout way to get this to work. I've reached to Antares Tech support 3 months ago with screenshots and recordings of the issue but have yet to receive a reply :cry:

Though I love the low-latency of this software, it's unfortunate that this application breaking bug renders it unusable for those wanting to tune in 432hz.

Antares Tech, please, help!

accentboat wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:23 am Ah! Thank you for your reply. I tried this method but the closest I could set the macro to was 0.34319964.
Not sure you understand what I mean. See the gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sircuit wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:27 pm
accentboat wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:23 am Ah! Thank you for your reply. I tried this method but the closest I could set the macro to was 0.34319964.
Not sure you understand what I mean. See the gif
:o :o :o :o :o

I'm so jealous that you can do this so easily. Thank you dearly for making that clear with the GIF, and I attempted this method, but unfortunately, when I set the macros maximum to 0.341, and turn the value up to max, the ceiling is 432.2hz.

I'm unsure if this is a bug specifically with my version of Auto-Tune Artist or the software itself as I have yet to hear back from the offical support. :pray: :pray:

Please see this GIF for my issue. I'm able to enter the value of 432hz, but as soon as I hit enter, it snaps to either 431.9hz or 432.2hz. I attempt to enter it a second time, and the value changes to 432hz in the GUI, but the moment I close and re-open the window it goes back to the value of 431.9hz. I dearly appreciate your solution, but unfortunately, this does not work for me in Bitwig nor in Logic nor in Reaper.
ezgif-6-caace443e9.gif
Have been patiently waiting for official support from Antares Tech but have still yet to receive a solution and it's been months... :!: :!: :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

accentboat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:46 am ...
I have the same behavior when trying to dial directly in antares.

In you case, you can try to go lower with the macro depth 0.340 or 0.339...

If dialing less than 0.341 in macro depth still doesnt work, sadly I have no other ideas. Cheers!

431.9 is inaudible from 432 (according to the science on how small Hz-variation humans can hear), so you can safely set it to 431.9 and you will have your solution.

sircuit wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:54 pm
accentboat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:46 am ...
I have the same behavior when trying to dial directly in antares.

In you case, you can try to go lower with the macro depth 0.340 or 0.339...

If dialing less than 0.341 in macro depth still doesnt work, sadly I have no other ideas. Cheers!
Thank you dearly for the help, sircuit :love: Unfortunately, this still does not work for me. I wish you the best.
cantaloupe wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:30 pm 431.9 is inaudible from 432 (according to the science on how small Hz-variation humans can hear), so you can safely set it to 431.9 and you will have your solution.
I would love to believe you, but when comparing Antares Auto-Tune Artist (431.9hz) to UAD Autotune Realtime Access (432hz), there is definitely an audible difference in how the vocals blend with other VST instruments tuned to 432hz. Working with a bug or intentional design flaw in software is not a solution, being able to solve the problem and reach the desired outcome is.
I am, however, interested to see the research paper for the science you are referencing, as it could be a psychoacoustic fault on my part. Please reply with a link to this :pray:

accentboat wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:45 am Working with a bug or intentional design flaw in software is not a solution
I can sympathise with that. I assumed from what i read that the outcome was identical.

"Over the range from 250 Hz to 4000 Hz (i.e., marked as 0.25 to 4 kHz on the plot), the discrimination threshold is about 0.003, which means the frequency has to change by ~0.3% to be noticed. That's really small, and corresponds to 250 Hz versus 250.75 Hz or to 1000 Hz versus 1003 Hz."

I was referring to the top post here, there is a source to the research at the end of the post:
https://www.quora.com/Can-the-human-ear ... vs-20-1-Hz

According to that, 432 vs 431.9 should not be noticeable to the human ear.

Though, if you claim to hear a difference, i am not going to argue against that as i have not tried it myself.

Maybe you could check for beating (the sound when something is out of tune) by using a tone generator set at 432, and singing at A4 (when autotune is set at 431.9), assuming you are working in equal temperament. And compare it with the beating of A4 when adjusting Auto-Tune to like 440 and the tone generator at the same frequency.

There might be something i do not understand about this however. Just trying to help.

Lol.
If someone uses 432hz, there’s no point in reasoning with them in the first place.

Return to “Antares Audio Technologies”