Shreddage Hydra 3 palm mute

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The palm mute option simply isn't there. I can make harmonics, staccato and all these other articulations - but there isn't one for palm muting. I looked up the manual and it lists some palm-muting and power chord palm muting options - but in reality they simply aren't where they are supposed to be. I looked up a tutorial video and it shows the guy clicking on C#1 to make it mute - but on mine that is "power chord sustain". What am I missing here?

Have you clicked on the TACT tab at the bottom? You can see how all articulations are mapped by default and change the mapping however you'd like. By default mutes are triggered at velocity 1-59 when on the C-1 keyswitch. Sustains are 60-119, rakes 120-126, and pinch harmonics 127.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi there,
sorry to push that topic up again, but I seem to have the same problem (or a understanding-problem). I'm quite new to Shreddage but have worked with Ample Sound and V-Metal for years so I'm at least a bit into that whole virtual guitar thing.

I have installed Rogue, Serpent, Jupiter and Hydra now and all seem to miss that Palm Muting and Power Chord Mute articulations that are actually even being referred in the Masterclass videos on YouTube. (Starting at 4:49)
https://youtu.be/2qAhygoQu7A?t=289

Also "Pinch Harmonics" are missing (as a separate keyswitch on the keyboard).

My "articulation keys" on the keyboard in Kontakt show 8 red keys for me, while the video has 11.

So, was there simply an update that (re)moved some articulations and put them in the TACT-thing? (which I have not 100% understood so far...). Or what am I missing?

Ok, think I got it now. After checking some other videos about TACT it seems to be more clear now. If I understand correctly, the "missing" articulations actually have been moved into TACT and you need to be more 'precise' to select them only through the velocity. At least that is my understanding now.

Shreddage was always set up to change palm mute levels through velocity, even the old ones...

Return to “Impact Soundworks”