Cannot enable RAKEs in Stratus 3

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

my problem is the following. I am trying to activate a RAKE articulation on a very simple Stratus 3 track (just for learning) but to no avail.
I am using Kontaky free player within Cakewalk by Bandlab.
I think I do everything right, I did not change any of the TACT settings and the RAKE articulation should be activated by the C0 key (vel 110 -> 127), which maps to the C2 key on my Cakewalk piano-roll view. Moreover, the RAKE is enabled (at least, the little blue square is checked).

So, I duly position a C2 MIDI note at velocity > 110, slightly before the note I'd like to be raked, hoping to see the articulation change from Sustain (the default) to RAKE, but nothing happens.
Just to provide to you further information, the harmonics articulation (G#0 keyswitch) works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

Rasco

Rakes are played automatically when you hit a note in the regular playing range above and including velocity 110, when using the default Sustain articulation.

Thank you for your reply. Are you saying that all I have to do is to work in the sustain articulation (it makes sense, given that the default keyswich is the same) and play the notes with velocity >= 110?
If this is the case, I will pay more attention to the produced sound. My impression is that no rake is audible...
Thank you for now!

Yes, that's exactly the case.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”