Hi! and some questions about Architect (vst modulation/automation)

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, first of all, I want to congratulate Colin for Architect, its awesome. Im learning it, but thats difficult because the manual is very short, and I cant found examples. So I will ask here some starter questions.
How can I automate a vst parameter? I can load a vst in mixer, connect it with a sequencer, load an automation module but i dont know how to connect that to, say, filter reso. And a similar doubt, can i control a parameter with a sequencer? like connect aux 1 to the parameter?
organizing sounds

You need to use the mixer parameter module , right click structure view- build in -output -->mixer parameter ( see screenshot )
Important the range of vst parameters is between 0 and 1 unlike midi 0-127
So set your aux send value between 0-1 with 0.01 interval (or finer if you wish )
I mostly use the pack controller + midi learn to control vst instruments ,whatever you prefer
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Random modulation
And a switch to switch between random modulation (left red ) or aux sequencer (yellow right )
Eyeball exchanging

Thanks.

The key point is [mixer parameter] is the module you need. Bearing in mind the confusion people have between this and the [automation] modules, I think I'll tweak the names somewhat in the next release to make it clearer what the difference is. ([automation] is for reading automation curves; [mixer parameter] for writing to anything in the mixer.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks!!! It worked. Now I will try the random example and see what crazy modulations I can make.
I need to grasp the basics, the different kinds of objects, different inlets/outlets colors, etc.
organizing sounds

Yo can also send lists to the aux row input , so it alternates between different list values (screenshot 1 )
Or make a complete random list ( screenshot 2)
Unform integer distribution and distribution list ( for inputs that accept lists ) are your gateway to randomness
Eyeball exchanging

niceee, I will try it.
organizing sounds

Return to “Loomer”