Speedrum updated to v1.5.3

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone own this and TAL-Drum?

I’d love to know which is preferred and why.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:20 am Does anyone own this and TAL-Drum?

Maybe start a new topic. And when you do, See you there. :phones:

chibchan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:15 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:20 am Does anyone own this and TAL-Drum?

Maybe start a new topic. And when you do, See you there. :phones:
Nah, a simple honest answer from users would suffice? :)

Hi! I updated recently from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2, and suddenly I'm only getting audio from the master output, additional outputs don't seem to work. Switched back to 1.4.0 and everything works again. This is on Linux (debian testing) and REAPER.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

elcalen wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:41 am Hi! I updated recently from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2, and suddenly I'm only getting audio from the master output, additional outputs don't seem to work. Switched back to 1.4.0 and everything works again. This is on Linux (debian testing) and REAPER.
Yeah, I'm just looking into that, only on Reaper, in VST3 format, VST2 works fine.
As a first aid, you could set the VST3 bus size to 2 (instead of auto) at the bottom of Reaper's Plug-in pin connector. The Plug-in connector can be accessed by clicking on the channel number at the top right above the plugin's GUI.

+ [Slicer] sync slicing bpm to free/host/stretch bpm
+ knob value editor directly on the context menu
# fixed manual value entry for the knob
# fixed individual outputs not working on VST3 in some hosts
# fixed Sends output mode

apisonic wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:47 pm # fixed individual outputs not working on VST3 in some hosts
Thanks, appears to be working as expected now.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

+ [Preferences] playhead position options (hidden, on ruler, on waveform)
+ [Waveform] the preview volume corresponds to the position of the mouse pointer (as on a Pad)
# numerous gui optimizations
# fixed pad rendering behavior
# fixed playhead behavior for different sample samplerate
# fixed Browser autoplay state not being remembered

+ possibility to delete Pads midi map
# fixed setting default Pads midi map
# fixed all pads are set to midi note 0 on load state
# fixed behavior of saving drumkit with samples
# fixed possible crash when menu is open

Thanks for creating a great drum sampler! The slicer is my favourite thus far, however Is there a way to continue playback from a select region? I tend to listen through long samples and pause the playback to slice/edit a region, but when I continue playback it jumps back the to beginning.

codeblake wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:20 pm Thanks for creating a great drum sampler! The slicer is my favourite thus far, however Is there a way to continue playback from a select region? I tend to listen through long samples and pause the playback to slice/edit a region, but when I continue playback it jumps back the to beginning.
Not at the moment, but I'll add it to the to-do list.

# improved pad animation to better reflect the playing/processing state
# [linux] reduced plugin file size
# [linux] fixed crash if both vst and vst3 versions are loaded
# fixed playhead behavior when host is in play state
# fixed possible crash when copying a pad (drag and drop) while holding the ctrl/command key
# fixed window resizing behavior
# fixed waveform update

I just bought Speedrum and am looking forward to playing with it. I've been searching for a good drum sampler that loads layers.

Speedrum keeps getting referred to as a Battery replacement. I don't use Battery any more, but still have a lot of Battery kits hanging out on my backup drive.

Are you planning on implementing Battery kit imports, or has NI locked out that possibility?

Does Speedrum report the sample names to the host? I recently got Komplete and was very annoyed to find out Battery doesn't...

EDIT: It appears it doesn't. Any plans to add it? If there are, I'll definitely buy it.

I've been demoing in Reaper Win10. Works great except the samples get pitched down an octave upon import. Most likely me being dumb, but I thought I'd comment here.

Edit: MY BAD! Reaper was pitching my samples lol

I did get a crash when switching on the stretch button... :(

Edit 2: I think I found a bug: Load a kick drum to a pad, lower the filter to 6k, increase resonance, apply velocity to filter cutoff at 25%, play from soft to hard and stop. After a moment play at the lowest velocity possible and the first note will have a loud click at the beginning. The filter becomes fully open for a few milliseconds and shuts down. The following notes will go back to being filtered at lower velocities.

Return to “Apisonic Labs”