Speedrum updated to v1.5.3

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey hey, I'm using the lite version of Speedrum on Windows 10 and I was wondering if it's possible to select multiple cells at once and assign an output (also at once) to them? I've seen a video where a guy was doing that on MAC (with a full version of Speedrum), but I can't seem to do that on Windows with the lite version.

Is that a full version feature or such thing doesn't simply exist on windows? Thanks!

The Lite version does not have the multi-select feature.

Any link to the video you mentioned?

apisonic wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:22 am The Lite version does not have the multi-select feature.

Any link to the video you mentioned?
Here’s the link to the video: https://youtu.be/ZSL3CVVILiI

It’s actually a Reaper Blog video, he does the multiple selection at 16:48.

So if I buy the full version for Windows I'll be able to multi select the same way?

Yes, selecting pads and layers with Ctrl + click, and pads with right-click drag

https://www.dropbox.com/s/836sq3tp90oix ... n.gif?dl=0

Checked out the demo and it looks really promising. Snappy UI, fast loading and stable!

Couple of things that I miss and feature requests:

Outputs:
- Mono outputs + Stereo outputs. Impact and Battery have this.
- Name the outputs
- Load/save IO mapping of the output mapping as multi-out templates

Samples/mapping:
- Normalize samples
- Larger range of transpose (now it's +/- 12 semitones). In Impact it's 48 and therefore can to tape stop effects with it
- Tune knob (+/- 100 cents)
- In the sample mapper: manually type the velocity range
- When setting the mapper to round-robin, it still is able to respect the velocity ranges but also randomly picks the empty parts of velocity mapped samples. So if you add 2 samples for 1-63 and 2 for 64-127 it will randomly choose between 4 samples and not only for valid velocities. If this could be fixed, we could mix and match electronic drum samples with detailed acoustic kit pieces with round robin and velocity mapping. This in combination with the export/import of the pad
would be a killer solution for me.

Pads:
- Outputs on the pads for faster editing and instant feedback on the actual channel it's going to
- Visual feedback on the pad on mute status
- Visual feedback on the mapped MIDI key on the pads
- Keep the mouse pointer visible (indicating the action) on drag & drop

The numbers on the pads might look nice but have no actual value to the end user. And I'd personally rather see the above pad options than the amount of sample layers used by the pad. Once you set the sound, all you care about is making music with it. So knowing what triggers it and where it goes seems more relevant than number of layers used. But that just my humble opinion.

I do not really get why there is a velocity section with humanise. The humanise seems to not affect things and the pitch is added to the global pad pitch. I expected this to be a range of humanisation (or I mis understand how it should work).

Might seem like me being negative. Sorry if it comes across like that. But I finally see a project that could be my goto drum solution. So maybe a little bit enthusiastic :)

Thanks for your suggestions.
Some of them have already been implemented, or maybe you meant something else and I misunderstood.
Such as
- Normalize samples - (0, -3, -6 dB) controls on the right, the button that says None if normalization is not applied
- Tune knob (+/- 100 cents) - Shift on any knob = fine tune, Alt/Option on knob with stepped values = non stepped values, Shift + Alt/Option = fine tune + non stepped values
- Visual feedback on the pad on mute status - the mute and solo status is displayed on each pad (or did you mean the status of each layer on the pad?)
- Visual feedback on the mapped MIDI key on the pads - you can choose the view you want from the 5 offered in Preferences

Don't worry, I can recognize useful criticism :wink:

+ SpeedrumBeat drumkit import
# removed awsd keyboard shortcuts for pads
# fixed cut, copy, paste keyboard shortcuts for pads
# fixed retaining the layer envelope state while changing the sample via prev/next button + alt/option key
# fixed browser button behavior in some cases
# fixed controls color on copy/paste
# fixed copied stretched layer has wrong start/end values
# [windows] fixed win7 compatibility
# dsp optimizations

Thank you! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

BUG: I'm getting crashes in Reaper when I select 'New Drumkit'. It happens consistently for me when I drag some samples on to the pads and the select 'New Drumkit' from the hamburger menu to clear the kit. I've only seen this on 1.4.8, but can't confirm it's unique to this version. The OS is Windows 10 and the Reaper version is 6.70.

mgiambro wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:06 pm BUG: I'm getting crashes in Reaper when I select 'New Drumkit'. It happens consistently for me when I drag some samples on to the pads and the select 'New Drumkit' from the hamburger menu to clear the kit. I've only seen this on 1.4.8, but can't confirm it's unique to this version. The OS is Windows 10 and the Reaper version is 6.70.
Thanks for reporting... I'm currently working on a new load system, so it should be fixed in the next update.

# fixed crash on certain actions immediately after loading the kit

apisonic wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:38 pm
mgiambro wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:06 pm BUG: I'm getting crashes in Reaper when I select 'New Drumkit'. It happens consistently for me when I drag some samples on to the pads and the select 'New Drumkit' from the hamburger menu to clear the kit. I've only seen this on 1.4.8, but can't confirm it's unique to this version. The OS is Windows 10 and the Reaper version is 6.70.
Thanks for reporting... I'm currently working on a new load system, so it should be fixed in the next update.
Just to confirm. With v1.4.9 this issue no longer happens for me. Thanks!

Hi

Possible bug in v1.4.9. Select pad with midi (settings) seems broken. Can reproduce by installing and re-installing previous version.

beeellecee wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:19 pm Hi

Possible bug in v1.4.9. Select pad with midi (settings) seems broken. Can reproduce by installing and re-installing previous version.
I can't reproduce it... the selection works if it is ON in Preferences and the host is not playing (it won't work if the host is playing). Is it different for you?

apisonic wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:14 pm
beeellecee wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:19 pm Hi

I can't reproduce it... the selection works if it is ON in Preferences and the host is not playing (it won't work if the host is playing). Is it different for you?
You are correct! My bad... using a VST host not a DAW so the transport was running silently.

Return to “Apisonic Labs”