On set up

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having an issue here
This structure (macro) shows the differentt midi signals for a sysex message , the channel message ) is selected via the drop down -->switch-->etc..
Works great , except during start up I always have to manually adjust the dropdown , the 'on set up 'does not trigger the dropdown automatically .

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

That looks like it should work. If you connect a [print] to the [dropdown] output, and do a quick reset (using the massive exclamation mark icon on the top of the UI), does anything get output?

Otherwise, could you upload the patch, or just the [dropdown] portion of it, so that I can take a look? Thanks.

([dropdown], like all UI components, has [on setup] built into it in the properties under Event > Setup Event. Not that it makes much difference in this case, but one less module is one less module!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yes , it seems to send a signal and trigger the appropriate tuple , but changes made on the gui are not send , I still have to manually select the dropdown ( have to do this only once )
I am not sure you can help here since you really need the integra to see if changes are send
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging

O.K so what is actually does upon initialisation , is sending midi to channel 8
While the dropdown has channel 1 selected , which should trigger the first tuple
Eyeball exchanging

O.K so maybe this is intended behaviour , here is a reloaded example patch .
I was under the assumption that the dropdown only sends it's selected value to the branch ( in this case 'first'=0 ) , but instead it sends each value
Eyeball exchanging

I think in that example you have setup events on the "first", "second" , etc, [data] modules. Maybe I need to add a visible flag to show which modules do have setup events.

But, that may be unrelated to your original issue: I'll download your patch and see if I can work out what is going wrong.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Actually, no it IS the same issue. Turn off the setup events on your [data] modules and I believe it all works as expected. Otherwise, they are all initialising themselves by sending out their values when you first load the preset.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:42 am Actually, no it IS the same issue. Turn off the setup events on your [data] modules and I believe it all works as expected. Otherwise, they are all initialising themselves by sending out their values when you first load the preset.
Yep , they all initialise themselve ,turning them all off it does the job
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”