Freestyle 1.6 *Public Beta* now available

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@newsonicarts: New beta fix my problems with search field. Thx.

Hi all,

I have a major problem with the new version of freestyle. When I load a song with instances of freestyle inside (and every song of mine uses many instances of frestyle fx!), all my automations are not working anymore. On the host automation page the first macro control is set to P7, all the other macro controls are not set to any host-automation. When saving the song with an older version of freestyle (V15920),the host-automations for the 8 macro-controls where set from P0 to P7. This means I have to reset the automation mapping in every instance of freestyle in every song, so for me installing new versions of freestyle is not possible. is there a way to fix that problem?

Thanks in advance,
Guido

On 1.6 demo version scan failed retrologue
Capture.png
Sorry just to add restarting Freestyle - no retrologue

Further to a previous post - halion se on my system is only installed as vst3 (which I did not notice until today - just in case it crossed anyones mind).

And teh other issue (I gave up in the end) the demo mode - load a vst - go to edit and the 60 min activate/purchase/demo reminder pops up so resets - cant get anything further done.
Sorry - useless for testing in demo mode at this current state.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daknilch wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:52 pm I have a major problem with the new version of freestyle. When I load a song with instances of freestyle inside (and every song of mine uses many instances of frestyle fx!), all my automations are not working anymore.
Please try 1.603, this should fix the issue with import of 1.5920 automation assignments.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

MFXxx wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:25 pm On 1.6 demo version scan failed retrologue
Capture.png
Sorry just to add restarting Freestyle - no retrologue

Further to a previous post - halion se on my system is only installed as vst3 (which I did not notice until today - just in case it crossed anyones mind).
I didnt see nor can find your other post so im not sure of the context. However, Halion Sonic SE VST3 is working here ok, so I presume other steinberg VST3s.

One possible explanation for the Retrologue issue is if you are scanning VSTs inside the plugin version, that can fail with that message, if you had the plugin also opened in your DAW, or even previously open in the same DAW session. Thast due to a known issue in the VST3 protocol itself.
MFXxx wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:25 pm And teh other issue (I gave up in the end) the demo mode - load a vst - go to edit and the 60 min activate/purchase/demo reminder pops up so resets - cant get anything further done.
Sorry - useless for testing in demo mode at this current state.
I cannot reproduce anything here, having tried several VST2's and VST3's, so it does not seem to be a general issue. Which VST are you trying to use in the demo mode? If possible please send a more detailed report (a screen recording would be great) to support@newsonicarts.com so we can try to reproduce this.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:08 am
daknilch wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:52 pm I have a major problem with the new version of freestyle. When I load a song with instances of freestyle inside (and every song of mine uses many instances of frestyle fx!), all my automations are not working anymore.
Please try 1.603, this should fix the issue with import of 1.5920 automation assignments.
Perfect, now it works!! Thanks a lot! :tu:

Hi, VST3 images are not showing in the new Freestyle browser. Well some area, but most are not.

As this was a persistent cause of bugs with various plugins, Freestyle 1.6 no longer automatically captures thumbnails except for a preknown whitelist. If there are any 'major' plugins that you think should be captured by default please pm me a list.

You can use the capture option to manually capture any missing thumbnails. There is a key shortcut of ctrl+shift+T for this.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:08 am
Hi James,

with the latest version 1.6101 the error with the lost macro bindings and lost automation settings is back, on mac and windows, so I can't open old songs.
Right now I'm switching to Mac and I found some problems I couldn't solve. How can I use Wave-Plugins inside of freestyle. On windows I use the shell2vst.exe to make seperate plugins, but there is no app like that on mac.
Another problem I found is that the GUI of Valhalla plugins is not visible, the window doesn't open. But I can use the controls inside freestyle, so the plugins actually work.

i would be very glad if you could solve the problems, because freestyle has become a very important part of my setup, really can't live without it! :)

thanks in advance,
Guido

I have just found out that in version 1.5042 on mac waves and valhalla plugins work!👍 so it must be a problem with the 1.6 version of freestyle

Please help!!! :hail:

Sorry I missed this. But I've lost count of how many times we have said here for tech support please contact us direct. This forum is primarily for announcements and community discussion.

Anyway... those issues are already addressed in our current internal beta but you will have to wait a bit longer for a public release im afraid. In both cases, its a plugin issue with the plugin view size not being reported correctly unless the host first sets some arbitrary size (a workaround we have re-added to the latest builds in order to deal with such plugins).
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

any updates? :)

HarmonicD wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:08 pm any updates? :)
1.65 release planned for early September (already available as release candidate in the User Area)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

I'm always keeping my eye on morphing like Kore method.
viewtopic.php?t=539762&start=150

Is there anything new to report? Atm, I'm on Version 1.5.920 which I think is the last version to include Kore Morphing? Maybe I should ask if there is still have plans to bring morphing back?

Also, what is the best way to approach my dilemma? 50% of the time I use morphing. I wish there were 2 separate VST versions of FreeStyle to choose from. Is switching back and forth from the latest version to 1.5.920 the only option at the moment?

PS My Kore back light gave out!

Return to “New Sonic Arts”