Hosting AU – Option to Load Preset at Launch

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow users to automatically open Hosting AU with default settings. I use Hosting AU to EQ my Macbook's output when connected to my speakers, but I have to re-open my preset .hosting file each time I connect to them. Is there a way to do it automatically on launch? Thanks

I do the same thing, I use MenuBus for this: https://www.menubus.audio/ It's free and can launch at startup. Uses almost no resources.

Hosting AU is excellent for running AU synths or drummachines, maybe not for eq'ing your system audio.

Hi bengiannis, I think you can give it a try: put the .hosting file into Login Items under Users & Groups pane in System Preferences app. (But a known issue below- )

Hi RugerioDelStereo, Thank you for your comment! Indeed there could be an issue of random choice of input/output device at nearly every launch if there's 2 or more Audio Devices can be chosen. This used to work, but in the latest macOS, it occasionally changes the IDs of Audio Devices. That's why. Thinking to fix.

Return to “Ju-X”