Linux builds overview (2024-02-16)

Robinrobo wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:38 pm There are no logs for plugin scans that I am aware of or that I am able to turn up with google.
With older versions of Reaper, if you start Reaper from the command line and rescan plugins, then it will display a log to the command line, including useful error messages. Unfortunately it looks like this feature was removed in a recent version of Reaper. It works for me on version 6.14.

Hi, you can access the older archives that include linux versions
at the link here:

https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... e-archive/

Cheers

glokraw wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:45 am Hi, you can access the older archives that include linux versions
at the link here:

https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... e-archive/

Cheers
Yes, thank you I've used that before. My experience has been that some revisions work well and some don't and I also am not sure for which revision sse4.2 became a requirement. I can trial and error it if need be though.

You've been very helpful, thank you!

Robinrobo wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:31 am and I also am not sure for which revision sse4.2 became a requirement.
The changed system requirements are always mentioned in the release notes.
You can find them on every product page.
For most plugins, the requirement changed with the latest update, revision 12092.
So the previous version should work.
For Hive, it was done in the 2.1 update, revision 11037.
The previous Linux versions are now archived directly in the regular release archive, together with the previous Mac and Windows versions.
Just look for the highest revision you can find that isn't 12092 (or 11037 in Hive's case).
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks!

Hi, I bought CM digital issue 307 to get a linux Zebra CM, but only an old windows 1.1 version is in the archive. And the Bazille CM was also just a windows version, and appears to be missing the font that lists presets. An older windows Beatzille install does show the presets. The CM brits are not exactly on a roll :hihi:

I'll send them a report in a few minutes, hopefully some progress will occur. Could be I've missed something obvious. I did get the bonus presets when I checked the Mac archive for a wayward tarball
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:06 pm Hi, I bought CM digital issue 307 to get a linux Zebra CM, but only an old windows 1.1 version is in the archive. And the Bazille CM was also just a windows version, and appears to be missing the font that lists presets.
Sorry, I have no clue how they organize their file vault.
Best to let them dig through that to tell you where to find the new versions.

The missing font on Windows, that rings a bell.
Iirc Microsoft decided to delete the Lucida sans unicode font from some Windows installations a while ago.
That font is needed to render the browser.
As a fallback we are using the Vera.tff font, but that's not installed in all plugins yet.
If you find it in another plugin, you could just copy it to the same folder in BazilleCM, and it should hopefully use that as the fallback to display stuff in the browser.

Thanks for the quick reply! I sent the file-silo support folks a help request.
Without requiring they quote a word from an obscure page somewhere :wink:

Updated the first post with latest CLAP beta versions, revision 13207, for ACE, Diva, Hive and MFM2.5.
You can read more about our CLAP announcement here: viewtopic.php?t=582950

Hi, congrats at all the new low-handing fruit. Would it be possible to release modified optional installers, that will only install the CLAP version? I don't know when Reaper or yabridge will make selecting and scanning clap versions possible, but having the other vst versions out of the way, would facilitate testing, and I'd like to be ready. I installed the new ACE, after moving the existing parts, but my attempt at editing the installer script using some # ...still allowed the vst3 version to install (I was in a hurry, might try again, but if you could do one guaranteed to work, it would start things rolling.

I'm about to update Bitwig 8Track to V 4.2.5, and see if a newer beta will identify and load a clap version.

It would also help early adaptors, to have a clap logo of some sort on each clap plugin gui, to identify that it's not some clunky old vst version :wink:

I see that the installed ACE has the .clap extension...getting closer!

Cheers

I have no experience with editing the install.sh script, but I guess it should be possible to make it only install one format by default. Not sure how to do that, though, my scripting skills are not that good. :)

About your other request, it's super easy to identify which plugin format you loaded. Just look at the GUI, it will tell you all you need to know. :wink:
CLAP.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Very cool newness, seen in Hive, Diva, and ACE, but not in the MFM2.5
Hope the plugin name seen in daw plugin selector panels will indicate it's clapness,
as it may be awhile for daws to add clap to their list of recognized formats.
Even if not yet loadable, it will not easily get picked by mistake if bearing a unique name.

Cheers

It's just placed in another location in MFM. It can't always be at the exact same spot, since every plugin has a different GUI design.
MFM_CLAP.png

There's a CLAP folder in Bitwig, and the plugin displays a CLAP icon. Easily distinguishable from any other format.
CLAP_icon.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

glokraw wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:57 am ...snip... Would it be possible to release modified optional installers, that will only install the CLAP version? I don't know when Reaper or yabridge will make selecting and scanning clap versions possible, but having the other vst versions out of the way, would facilitate testing, and I'd like to be ready. I installed the new ACE, after moving the existing parts, but my attempt at editing the installer script using some # ...still allowed the vst3 version to install (I was in a hurry, might try again, but if you could do one guaranteed to work, it would start things rolling. ...snip...
This is only lightly tested as I'm running only Reaper and only looked at the ACE installer. It *seems* sane. Back up your stuff. It's not my fault!

EDIT: Of course this doesn't give the program an new plugin ID; It's just a clap-only installer. A new plug-in ID would take some under-the-hood work. Not really what you want.

u-he_clap_only.patch

Code: Select all

15,16d14
< VSTDIR="$HOME/.vst/u-he"
< VST3DIR="$HOME/.vst3/u-he"
27,28d24
<     echo -e "  --vstdir=<path>    specify the vst directory. Default: $VSTDIR"
<     echo -e "  --vst3dir=<path>   specify the vst directory. Default: $VST3DIR"
42,49d37
<     --vstdir=*)
<         VSTDIR="${1/--vstdir=/}"
<         VSTDIR="$(eval echo $VSTDIR)"
<         ;;
<     --vst3dir=*)
<         VST3DIR="${1/--vst3dir=/}"
<         VST3DIR="$(eval echo $VST3DIR)"
<         ;;
122,126d109
< # symlink VST and VST3
< mkdir -p "$VSTDIR"
< mkdir -p "$VST3DIR/$PRODUCT.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/"
< mkdir -p "$VST3DIR/$PRODUCT.vst3/Contents/i686-linux/"
< mkdir -p "$VST3DIR/$PRODUCT.vst3/Contents/Resources/Documentation/"
129d111
< ln -sf "$HOME/.u-he/$PRODUCT/"*.pdf "$VST3DIR/$PRODUCT.vst3/Contents/Resources/Documentation/"
132,133d113
<     ln -sf "$HOME/.u-he/$PRODUCT/$PRODUCT.64.so" "$VSTDIR/$PRODUCT.64.so"
<     ln -sf "$HOME/.u-he/$PRODUCT/$PRODUCT.64.so" "$VST3DIR/$PRODUCT.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/$PRODUCT.so"
140,141d119
<         ln -sf "$HOME/.u-he/$PRODUCT/$PRODUCT.32.so" "$VSTDIR/$PRODUCT.32.so"
<         ln -sf "$HOME/.u-he/$PRODUCT/$PRODUCT.32.so" "$VST3DIR/$PRODUCT.vst3/Contents/i686-linux/$PRODUCT.so"
145,146d122
<     ln -sf "$HOME/.u-he/$PRODUCT/$PRODUCT.32.so" "$VSTDIR/$PRODUCT.32.so"
<     ln -sf "$HOME/.u-he/$PRODUCT/$PRODUCT.32.so" "$VST3DIR/$PRODUCT.vst3/Contents/i686-linux/$PRODUCT.so"
171,172d146
< $VSTDIR/$PRODUCT.*.so
< $VST3DIR/$PRODUCT.vst3
202,203d175
< The VST has been installed in: ${VSTDIR}
< The VST3 has been installed in: ${VST3DIR}/${PRODUCT}.vst3

Hi, and thanks for working on my request. Unfortunately, it turned up these errors
in terminal output (I substituted 'me' in place of my username) :
--------------------------
bash /home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 1: 15,16d14: command not found
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 2: VSTDIR=/home/me/.vst/u-he: No such file or directory
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 3: VST3DIR=/home/me/.vst3/u-he: No such file or directory
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 4: 27,28d24: command not found
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 5: echo: No such file or directory
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 6: echo: No such file or directory
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 7: 42,49d37: command not found
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
/home/me/ACE-13207/install.sh: line 8: `< --vstdir=*)'

------------------
All the folders mentioned as missing do exist. I'll test more versions, if you make some, but please don't feel obligated, unless it serves your own purposes. Hopefully the bosses are moving ahead quickly, installers included.
Cheers

Return to “u-he Linux support”