Keyswitch for changing fret position - Evolution Mandolin

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would someone please guide me where I can edit the parameter that lets me assign keyswitches to setting the fret position? While playing the mandolin, I don't always stay in the same position and I'd like that reflected in my MIDI. I figure I'd need 8 keyswitches to indicate fret positions 0 thru 7. I love that Ample Sound has this feature (but they have no mandolin yet). I hope OrangeTree has this feature, too. Thanks!

You can assign a MIDI CC to control fret position

While using keyswitches to select the fretting position isn't a built-in feature, I made a multiscript that lets you create keyswitches and have them transmit certain MIDI CC values. That could be used to control the fret position when it's automated to a MIDI CC rather than using the MIDI CC directly. Let me know if that would work for you and I'll send you a copy.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg, yes that would be great! I am not using a MIDI controller so I'd have to figure out out to enter CC values in my DAW MIDI piano roll view (Studio One 5). It can be done, I think, but keyswitching would make it easier for me, I believe.

Oh, one more thing. Where do I find the various CC controls OrangeTree supports? I haven't found it in the Mandolin user manual. Is there other documentation I should download? Thanks.

I think I found instructions in the Acoustic Slide User Guide. CC #079, right? Is there a description of what all the other controls do? I see 103 of them. Thanks.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”