Crusher-X 8(.61) and touchscreen (and more questions)

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i saw in the release notes, that from version 7 it states: "added touchscreen control on tablet and surface".

i have a touchscreen, on a desktop, one of the 3 monitors i use (not as main monitor).

working with crusher-x standalone 2 days ago, i changed for example the frequency of the DCO, and thought, why is the sound changing so dramatically. i had touched, by accident, the file knob. so i reloaded the sample..

also when using adore parameters, the spline screen will show up, and they react quite erratic.

i didn't notice this behavior before. so i shall work with crusher-x on touchscreen again. to see, if it was one time only... (and today i had strange encounter with another plugin that ate up 16gb of ram, and made my cubase for 30 seconds unresponsive, first time i loaded it. now no prob.. sometimes..).

i could of course made this post later, after better testing, sometimes, it takes some 'training' to use a plugin, or standalone (i used the standalone version now...), with a touchscreen.

but perhaps, crusher-x doesn't detect that it is a surface or tablet, and touchscreen abilities must be set. or something like that..

EDIT: standalone (version 8.61, windows 10 20H2) same behavior. i don't use the adore parameters, or i mean, aren't really a part of my current workflow with crusher-x, still learning how everything interacts... but sometimes.. indeed spline edit windows appear...

- also, the frequency, or play rate, of the DCO, isn't visible. not that big of a problem, but if you want to sync it, well, you it with a loop in the DAW.., but how i managed when i change the frequency, the sine get's loaded, can't reproduce it now.

but will work with crusher-x, and shall update my experiences with touchscreen...

a was an obsessive mapper (parameter mapper), but a touchscreen for crusher-x, the workflow is quite fast, faster with the mouse. maybe not that faster, but more in touch with the instrument, interaction with the instrument.

o well.. even with the problems with the touchscreen i managed to create an interesting recording (but i had forgotten: levels... so clipping..).

- i have more questions, and i making this post confusing.. but also this: internally works crusher-x at which sample rate? i know the grain buffer is 32 bit, integer or float? float it is. i assume the calculations must be also be done in 32 bit float. but perhaps only for that 'part'.
why i ask this; recordings are made, according to the setting of the soundinterface?

Hi,
The sudden appearance of the spline window is a bug and independent from the touch control - we will fix.
Good point with the DCO frequency/rate. This probably could also prevent from changing the DCO type incidentally like it happened to you. A good item for the backlog.
All calculations are done in 32bit float
8.62 update will come soon, stay tuned
Best
accSone

freq wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:51 pm Hi,
The sudden appearance of the spline window is a bug and independent from the touch control - we will fix.
Good point with the DCO frequency/rate. This probably could also prevent from changing the DCO type incidentally like it happened to you. A good item for the backlog.
All calculations are done in 32bit float
8.62 update will come soon, stay tuned
Best
accSone
ok thanks! o by the way, why i asked about the internal sample rate; for recordings; why not also the option for recording the 'native' bit depth, does not prevent clipping from soundcards... (???), but delivers a full 'copy' of what crusher-x does. when editing afterwards, for example.
or do i not see the option for bit depth/sample rate? in standalone i mean?

i also had the feeling can't confirm it, that recording made, o well, that is only a feeling, and i made the mistake of levels, so. well, again, thanks, yes indeed you can accidently change the DCO type, bit crowded over there.. but for the rest of the interface is touch friendly. great for workflow, on the fly experiments. etc.

looking forward to the update!

Hi,
The sudden appearance of the spline window bug is fixed. Enjoy free update to 8.62 - just download again like it was described in your delivery mail.
Enjoy
accSone

freq wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:44 pm Hi,
The sudden appearance of the spline window bug is fixed. Enjoy free update to 8.62 - just download again like it was described in your delivery mail.
Enjoy
accSone
i just saw the e-mail, downloaded it, installing right now. thanks!

Return to “accSone”