Which DAW is fastest to load?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I should have never bought this wind up computer
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Are you opening and closing your DAW frequently?

How much of an issue is this?

If a DAW loads up within 30 seconds, then it is doing pretty good in my book.

If it is over a minute then yes it could load faster.

Studio One can be a bit slow but it is not really a drag. (maybe a minute or so)

About everything else I use loads faster (Ableton, FL, reaper, Reason).

dellboy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:31 pm Mixcraft 9 Pro loads up with "Pianissimo Acoustic Piano" loaded and ready to play in about 5 seconds, and is my go to scratchpad DAW.
I use Mixcraft as well, and while it loads fast, it does depend on how much stuff you have installed (plugins). I have probably 700 or so, and if there aren't new plugins to scan, it loads up in 10-15 seconds or so.

dellboy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:31 pm Mixcraft 9 Pro loads up with "Pianissimo Acoustic Piano" loaded and ready to play in about 5 seconds, and is my go to scratchpad DAW.
I keep reading that as "Minecraft". Do you think there's a new niche market here?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Trensharo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:42 pm
Basically, it's a DAW that people either love or hate. Tinkers love it, people who just want to boot up something that is set up for a good workflow out of the box hate it.

I tried it. It lasted like 15 minutes.
I'm really neither. When I seriously demoed it for a month, the vast majority of that time was fighting with GUI scripting to get a useful AND non-buggy layout. At the time (early v5), they were mutually exclusive. Then, there's the matter of the gawdawful modal wndows. They can't be changed in any way, afaik.

It may be terrific under the hood, which it is, but seriously, take a month or three and clean that shit up. Start with just integrating SWS. Is there one person on the planet who still uses the random original menus?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Cubase takes about 20 seconds, but then takes 2-3 minutes to load a typical project of mine.

Set your OS to autoload your DAW on bootup. You know you're getting coffee or tinkling on the ivories while your computer boots anyway.

EnergyXT2 - 1 second
EXT64 - 1 second

syntonica wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:56 pm Set your OS to autoload your DAW on bootup. You know you're getting coffee or tinkling on the ivories while your computer boots anyway.
Some of us use our computer for other things, besides making music... :wink:

FL20 is one of the fastest 2s with a M2 SSD. Reaper is quite fast too.

The main point of getting my stuff up and running quickly for me, is when I have an idea I want to try out before it disappears.. (there are of course numerous other ways to fix this problem.. )
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:36 pm
syntonica wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:56 pm Set your OS to autoload your DAW on bootup. You know you're getting coffee or tinkling on the ivories while your computer boots anyway.
Weirdo.

syntonica wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:46 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:36 pm
Weirdo.
:D

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:36 am
mumpcake wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:28 am It seems like Studio One takes forever to load. Bitwig takes less time, Cakewalk is even faster. Is there another DAW which is faster to load?
Here it loads really fast. I suggest you turn off vst scan at launch and update it from plugins manager only when you add new plugins.
Loads fast here too and I have hundreds of plugins and don't even bother to turn off VST scan.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”