Which DAW is fastest to load?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have tried a bunch of DAWs on Windows, and Reaper is the fastest of all - very clearly so.

kvotchin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:06 pm Have tried a bunch of DAWs on Windows, and Reaper is the fastest of all - very clearly so.
Too bad it sucks so hard after that fast load up. But that's just my opinion. I know Reaper has a lot of fanbois. A pal of mine is very big in that community and has written many scripts, extensions skins etc. I tried to like it but it simply does not suit my workflow. It doesn't matter how fast a DAW loads if you can't use it.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Reaper and FL Studio loads very fast. In fact, Reaper installs faster than Ableton loads :)

SunVox.

SunVox is the answer to every DAW question. :phones:
Yo Leroy!

CapnLockheed wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:17 pmToo bad it sucks so hard after that fast load up. But that's just my opinion. I know Reaper has a lot of fanbois. A pal of mine is very big in that community and has written many scripts, extensions skins etc. I tried to like it but it simply does not suit my workflow. It doesn't matter how fast a DAW loads if you can't use it.
Fair enough. Some DAWs just won’t appeal to some people. So it goes.

CapnLockheed wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:17 pm
kvotchin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:06 pm Have tried a bunch of DAWs on Windows, and Reaper is the fastest of all - very clearly so.
Too bad it sucks so hard after that fast load up. But that's just my opinion. I know Reaper has a lot of fanbois. A pal of mine is very big in that community and has written many scripts, extensions skins etc. I tried to like it but it simply does not suit my workflow. It doesn't matter how fast a DAW loads if you can't use it.
Basically, it's a DAW that people either love or hate. Tinkers love it, people who just want to boot up something that is set up for a good workflow out of the box hate it.

I tried it. It lasted like 15 minutes.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Reaper for life

energyXT3 is really fast. Reaper and LMMS is pretty fast aswell
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

EXT64 is pretty fast.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Mixcraft 9 Pro loads up with "Pianissimo Acoustic Piano" loaded and ready to play in about 5 seconds, and is my go to scratchpad DAW.

On an M1 Mac Ableton opens up pretty fast. Probably the fastest I've seen so far.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Reaper or FL . Both are quick as fk.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Studio One certainly not.

But why does that matter at all?

CapnLockheed wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:17 pm
For audio recording, it is pretty decent or at least average.

For mixing I think it is above average. It has many functions that are above the pack here. I think that is why this program seems to be the most popular with mixing/mastering engineers.

For midi I think that is its biggest weakness, as its default workflow is pretty weird and uninspiring, but they have made improvements over the years and Reaper hides alot of power under the hood. Once customized, you can get a pretty good workflow. It isn't a good DAW for beginners though as I think it is too open ended and would probably confuse the typical beginner too much and have a default workflow that is kind of different than most DAWS. Its piano roll for example comes across as extremely basic but actually once customized is probably one of the most flexible in any DAW, but you have to be a good tinkerer to figure it out.

Mine. Cos I never turn it off 😜
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”