Vice 2.0 public beta released

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vice 2.0 is at the final stage before release.

49 euros for version 1 users. Also any purchases from now will receive a free upgrade and there will be a retroactive grace period (details to follow).

Here is a list of new features for VICE 2.0:

REX import (including REX slice api when exporting slices)
Phrase (Play Through) play mode
Play mode 'Slice Shift' (groove adjustment)
Slice Unlink option (independent length)
Slice Looping
Individual MIDI key-assignment per Slice
Import Stylus RMX Banks
Pitch inc buttons (use +/- keys)
MP3 support
My Samples & My Presets tag-based database views
Additional LFO and Mod Env per slice
Drag-drop modulation assignment
Additional FX modes
Aux sends

pinki wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 pm Vice 2.0 is at the final stage before release.

Import Stylus RMX Banks
Interesting.
rsp
sound sculptist

Got an email today about this now being released.

Cant see an upgrade price anywhere. Also, the upgrade price I used to have for Nuance 2 has now disappeared. Im logged in, Ive got access to my products, but the only way I can buy V2 of either is paying full price.

Is the upgrade path now basically just rebuying these products?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:18 pm Got an email today about this now being released.

Cant see an upgrade price anywhere. Also, the upgrade price I used to have for Nuance 2 has now disappeared. Im logged in, Ive got access to my products, but the only way I can buy V2 of either is paying full price.

Is the upgrade path now basically just rebuying these products?
€ 49. Try from within the plugin. Worked for me after checking out the v2 demo mode.

Regards,
tl.

Yes, from the menu.

tl wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:17 pm € 49. Try from within the plugin.
Seriously? What a terrible way to do it. Could have at least mentioned it in the announcement email.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:24 pm
tl wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:17 pm € 49. Try from within the plugin.
Seriously? What a terrible way to do it. Could have at least mentioned it in the announcement email.
There was a delay in the emails whyterabbyt, so you should get an email soon with details on upgrading.

Also, if you bought Vice on or after 1st August you will be upgraded to version 2 for free.

Anyone know if the upgrade will be available at resellers like Time & Space? I have points waiting!
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Do we have time stretch yet?

ians wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:54 pm Anyone know if the upgrade will be available at resellers like Time & Space? I have points waiting!
No, I don't think it is.

Man, I don’t get it, we’ve been asking for this in Vice and Nuance for how many years?

How can it be so difficult for them, I mean, it’s a sampler, it needs timestretch...

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:18 pm Got an email today about this now being released.

Unfortunately there have been a couple errors that have 'complicated' things. First the 2.0 is only a public beta, it is still not officially released. Unfortunately the KVR annoucement failed to mention that.

Secondly while the initial 2.0 public beta email was sent out to registered beta testers only, then due to another error, a 2.0001 update email was sent to some users outside of the beta-tester group. That email only mentioned 2 minor fixes (since 2.0000) which would have been confusing for anyone who only received that email..

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:18 pm Is the upgrade path now basically just rebuying these products?
There is a grace period from August 1st 2020, anyone who purchased since then should already have a V2 licence in their user area. For anyone who purchased earlier than that date, the upgrade fee is 49 EUR. You can update by clicking a link in the app, which takes you to the checkout page in your browser.

Later (and of course before the 2.0 is officially released), you will be also be able to get to the checkout page by a link within the user area, but that's not quite ready yet.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

On trying to import RMX files, which folder am I supposed to be pointing at for the source? I'm getting a'missing LOOPSUITE' error
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

RMX banks are a folder containing a data.xml file and then sub-folders for each preset.
To import the bank, you need to select that folder which contains the data.xml file.
Vice then converts all the presets into .vi files, at the selected destination folder.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “New Sonic Arts”