Cherry Audio's CA2600 is available NOW!

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have this issue with Ableton Live 10 and Bitwig, both using VST3 versions of the plugins. I'm also running Windows 10.

Reefius wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:10 pm This has the same resize bug as DCO-106. It is possible to resize the plugin window by dragging the right or bottom edge, but this will not resize the plugin itself. It then looks like this:
This is an unfortunate bug in Bitwig. We can reproduce variations of this same bug with other resizable plug-ins. Resizing CA2600 from the corner or via the magnifying glass on the toolbar will correct the sizing.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:25 pm
Reefius wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:10 pm This has the same resize bug as DCO-106. It is possible to resize the plugin window by dragging the right or bottom edge, but this will not resize the plugin itself. It then looks like this:
This is an unfortunate bug in Bitwig. We can reproduce variations of this same bug with other resizable plug-ins. Resizing CA2600 from the corner or via the magnifying glass on the toolbar will correct the sizing.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Err... Same issue in Cubase 10.5 Pro, so not Bitwig specific.

cubase.jpg

Also the same in Reaper.

This only seems to happen with the VST3 version of the plugins, VST2 is fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is in FL Studio, same issue:

flstudio.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks everyone! This should be fixed for next week's update.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

cherryDan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:33 am Also, we'll be releasing an updated installer for CA2600 (within the next week or so) that will add one or two nice new features to the software
VCF type selection like in the KArp pls, for older or later model. From the demos, seems like Karp and BArp filters are a bit brighter sounding which could be more suitable for current modern music. Won't hurt to have 3 alternatives like the KArp Odyssey.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Reefius wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:49 pm This is in FL Studio, same issue:

flstudio.jpg
I wonder if it’s JUCE-related (idk what frontend CA2600 uses): I get the same behavior from some iOS AudioDamage plugs.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:01 pm I wouldn't be surprised if CA2600 was build re-using cherry voltage modular code
All the more opportunity to mirror the updates to the VM modules counterpart, which I hope they do.

I thought I would give it a try on my laptop because it seems to behave differently and sure enough I get the resizing error on my laptop but not my desktop. I wonder if it's related to graphics drivers or some other kind of system libraries.

UPDATE: There is no resizing error when using Waveform (11) or StudioOne (2.5) or vsthost on my laptop. The version of FL Studio is 20.7.2, which is a version behind the one I have installed on my desktop computer.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Really well done. The CA analog synth are totally convincing for me. The are alive and I don't feel the desire to have hardware when I use them.

I have also no desire to do a comparisonwith other analog emulations, because they just feel right.

ca 2600 only
Osc 2 ( sine ) is ringmodded by and synced to osc 1 set to triangle , thus osc 1 is actually windowing the output of osc 2 , = windowed sync for formant style effects
Osc 2 pitch is modulated by osc 3 set to low saw , which polarity is inverted and also pitch modulated by s/h

Output is only the ringmodded signal + some reverb (no filter resoance whatsoever )
https://app.box.com/s/ums4rapxmdh42yz579gc8jjn19mwwzzc
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Cherry Audio has released an update to CA2600 (1.0.20) which include a new "favorites" feature for presets, as well as several fixes.

Favorites Feature

Right-click on a preset (or ctrl-click on macOS) and select "Favorite" to add it to the favorites preset list. Favorite presets will show up in a separate "<Favorites>" category in the preset browser.

In addition, we've fixed issues with high-frequency aliasing artifacts that could potentially show up when using CA2600 at 44.1 kHz, window resizing issues with some DAWs, and more.

For a complete list of changes, please see the version history page here:

CA2600 version history: https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/ca2 ... on-history

The update to CA2600 will automatically download the next time you run the software, unless you've turned off automatic updating, or Internet access is not available to the plug-ins. Or, you can download the updates any time from the download page here:

CA2600 download page: https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/ca2600/download

Thanks for your support!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Nice! The plugin now properly resizes when dragging the sides :tu:

I would love to see an instant attack time for the adsr envelope ( like the ar env.) , currently 2 ms is the fastest
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Cherry Audio”