Can you sell FL Studio?

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are you allowed to see a FL studio license? I'm mot using it anymore.

No. And you knew that before buying it.

https://support.image-line.com/action/k ... e/?ans=105

No, it's illegal .. if you give your entire account away I doubt they would notice and the buying party doesn't mind the illegality... but again, it's against the rules, I wouldn't do it, free updates for live, you'll be missing out!

If you are in Germany, its allowed by law, no matter what the software license says.

MonsterPuppet wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 pm If you are in Germany, its allowed by law, no matter what the software license says.
I don't think IL cares and I'm pretty sure they'll lock your account if they suspect it's been transferred. So while it might be legal it would be a risk on the part of the buyer unless they're willing and able to take legal action over a $200 software license.

edit: IL licensing:
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:37 pm I don't think IL cares and I'm pretty sure they'll lock your account if they suspect it's been transferred. So while it might be legal it would be a risk on the part of the buyer unless they're willing and able to take legal action over a $200 software license.
Well, if the software is sold in germany (it is), the german law applies, therefore it can be sold.
If they lock the account, you could get a lawyer. But international lawsuits, well good luck with that.
In real life, well.....its not worth the trouble.
The buyer will have the problem, the seller is allowed to sell it..

MonsterPuppet wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 pm If you are in Germany, its allowed by law, no matter what the software license says.
No, it isn't.

No idea why this myth is so widespread here on KVR. If anything, if you feel like the terms of usage aren't legit, you'd have to take it to court, and, it's not at all sure what the outcome will be, especially with IL's lifetime upgrade policy. If you want to be sure about what you are saying, file a lawsuit against them. In any other case, don't claim that something is allowed which isn't.

IL's terms of usage are pretty clear. Anything else is just gibberish from laymen.

Ask yourself if FLS is a german product and if you signed a legitimate contract.

Even if you could sell anything or everything (which is obviously not true), that doesn't mean it's free from consequences preventing you from using it... Made my own experiences with buying (uninformed) NFR software even within the EU, got it officially transferred and then simply got the license terminated. edit: to be fair, after explaining it to the company I at least got a discount on buying a new license.

docbot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:09 pm No, it's illegal .. if you give your entire account away I doubt they would notice and the buying party doesn't mind the illegality... but again, it's against the rules, I wouldn't do it, free updates for live, you'll be missing out!
Not true, they have a way to check if the account has been transferred and will terminate the license.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Khanyy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:29 pm Are you allowed to see a FL studio license?
Depends.. Do you mean the exact license, or are you just going to walk in to a store and stare the boxes? :hihi:

Or are you planning to "see" FL studio license like taking her out to a restaurant?

Legality doesn't matter as much as it's a shitty thing to do - attempting to sell something that will ultimately be confiscated.

Or if you look at it this way: you don't buy software FL Studio from Image-Line. You buy a lifetime free upgrade service and you are getting some software (FL Studio) for free with that. You can't sell on this service.

Return to “Image Line”