DIVA Skin question- what am I doing wrong?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I have all the latest versions of DIVA, Zebra2, Logic, Mac OS X, etc. I downloaded a few DIVA skins, and installed them in the Themes Folder:

Mac: MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes/

I noticed there were some Zebra skins in the Themes folder, and in Zebra preferences I have a choice of appearance. BUT, in DIVA when I click on preferences, there is no new button to choose appearance, there are the usual four (Default Size, Gamma, Oscilloscope, Text Aliasing). Interestingly enough, the appearance of DIVA defaults to the last skin I installed. Some help here would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Did you put the themes in Diva subfolder within Themes?

Aha- the Themes folder I navigated to only contained folders of specific Themes (a few Zebra2 Themes, a couple of DIVA Themes)- there were no subfolders for DIVA or Zebra2. Do I need to create them?

No you don't.

It is different on mac vs pc for whatever reason.

On Mac there is just one Theme folder for all, and the plugin seems to know which theme goes with which.
On PC each plugin has its support/themes subfolder.
rsp
sound sculptist

OK, I think I figured it out. I was renaming the downloaded Skin folders (so that I could quickly determine what effect it would have) before moving them into the Themes Folder. This seemed to make it invisible to DIVA in the preferences menu. If the only skins were the default Red Wood and a renamed folder, nothing changed in Preferences, and there was no Appearance button- but the last Skin I installed would be the active one. When I downloaded several other skins and just installed them unchanged into the Themes Folder, the Appearance button became available and all of the Skins (including the original Red Wood) appeared as choices. So, not sure why that would happen, but it is easy enough to change Skins in Preferences that I can do without changing the Skin Names (damn OCD!).

How do I install on a Mac? I don't have a Themes folder. I created one and put the Panes folder from the zip file there but Diva doesn't change the skin when I restart it. Any ideas? The path I'm using is Application Support/u-he and then I created Themes so it's Application Support/u-he/Themes

The path seems correct.
"Diva doesn't change the skin when I restart it": Alternative skins don't appear automatically. In Diva's Preferences, do you see the option APPEARANCE / Default Skin? If so, click on the selector. If not, "something went wrong"...

I think I have the same problem. There is no option allows me to choose skin of Diva, nor I see the Themes folder in U-He Application support. Strange...
Alex Zhang|https://linktr.ee/Alexxon

Producer/ Engineer / Full time math & stats student at U of T.
I focus on making Trance & Progressive and Minimilism ambient.
I use Ableton Live and Moog Subsequent 37 to create music.

I've seen a bunch of these posts in various places and there's never any answer. I'm staring to think there's some kind of 'Da Vinci Code' conspiracy...
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Return to “u-he”