Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Came here to say that user Nippo sold me a Superior Drummer 3 license from a hacked account. The user has been banned.
Fortunately I bought with the G and services protection so I'll file a request on Paypal.
Such a shame :-(

Hi so I contacted PayPal and opened a dispute. The seller said they sent the item and PayPal closed the dispute agreeing with the seller. What should I do ? Do you have any advice on how to handle this ?

jazzmess wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:33 am Hi so I contacted PayPal and opened a dispute. The seller said they sent the item and PayPal closed the dispute agreeing with the seller. What should I do ? Do you have any advice on how to handle this ?
Ugh....sorry that happened...I had a similar issue a couple years ago with EZ Drummer 2 that I bought on here. The seller didn't deliver the code, so I launched a P.P. claim. They suddenly came up with a code. It seemed suspicious, so I contacted Toontrack and they said the serial was legit, so I closed the claim. About 2 weeks later, the code disappeared from my Toontrack account...When I questioned TT, they THEN said it was a stolen serial. I couldn't RE-open a claim with Paypal, since I'd already closed it, so I was out my $80 or whatever it was.

Toontrack WAS a bit sympathetic though, and gave me a few MIDI packs to ease my frustration.

I've bought tons on here and never had an issue otherwise.

Hope you can get it solved. I would try to push the issue with paypal...? ..they don't really make it too easy to do.

Thanks for the support. Much appreciated.
PayPal doesn't even have a scam catégory, I can only choose from : item not received / item not complete / inaccurate description.
I'll be asking for invoices from now on.

In the FB marketplace group there was a similar report a while back

It appears to be the same technically proficient cybercriminal Makrem Radhouani, who hacks people's accounts and scams people by selling collection of stolen licenses across different marketplaces under different identities.

jazzmess wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:33 am Hi so I contacted PayPal and opened a dispute. The seller said they sent the item and PayPal closed the dispute agreeing with the seller. What should I do ? Do you have any advice on how to handle this ?
I believe Paypal has an appeals process that you might look into, but I might be wrong. I also believe the seller has to provide some proof that they sent a legitimate item and not just say-so, which works in your defense in an appeal. Again I could be wrong, but worth investigating if you want the money back.

If you paid with a credit card, there is always the nuclear option of a chargeback through your credit card company. Paypal hates it, but the seller eats the added cost. I've never had a credit card provider deny one of these, but I've only used a few times ever. Use it with care because Paypal will do ornery things to your account if you go to that well too many times. I almost always pay for such third-party items using a credit card to leave that option open though.

Karljazz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:36 pm In the FB marketplace group there was a similar report a while back

It appears to be the same technically proficient cybercriminal Makrem Radhouani, who hacks people's accounts and scams people by selling collection of stolen licenses across different marketplaces under different identities.
Yes that was him. Damn.

Makrem Radhouani is also mentioned in Facebook Audio Plug-In Buy/Sell Marketplace by admin in the dedicated “Shame on You” section, in which verified fraudsters are listed
https://www.facebook.com/groups/audiopl ... 6320890452

So I got scammed by this guy last month under a new name Emna Barouni.
Thankfully it was through Paypal goods and services and after a lengthy claim battle and having the plugin company involved, I finally got my refund.
Please watch-out for this user here and on Facebook seller pages.

Bro, I had the same happen to me. Lost the claim. Wrote to toontrack and confirmed the email I paid to and they told me its a stolen account. Called Paypal, they reopened the dispute with the new screenshots of the email and all the conversations. waited 3 days and the claim was overturned in my favor. Please try this ... good luck.
CALL someone at paypal

kakz77 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:57 am
Bro, I had the same happen to me. Lost the claim. Wrote to toontrack and confirmed the email I paid to and they told me its a stolen account. Called Paypal, they reopened the dispute with the new screenshots of the email and all the conversations. waited 3 days and the claim was overturned in my favor. Please try this ... good luck.
CALL someone at paypal
Thanks. I didn't post an update but Done this and it finally turned in my favour. Will definitely ask for invoices from now on. The folks at Toontrack have been very supportive.

Before buying from or trading with bogstandard, please have a look at the last few pages of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=601105

havran wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:22 pm Before buying from or trading with bogstandard, please have a look at the last few pages of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=601105
I’ve been ripped off by bogstandard, avoid like the plague!

can confirm bogstandard is a fraud, guy sent me an invalid serial

It looks like admin or a moderator has taken action re: bogstandard. His thread is gone.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”