Midi cc out?

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does Freestyle send midi out? In particular is there any way to send a midi cc out from it's macros? Te idea is that I'd like the use the snapshot functionality to send instant midi cc values to devices that can't be put inside it (DAW devices).

Can figure out a way so far. Thanks.

AFAIK no.

Bummer. Seems you're right. I just tried using Blue Cat's Remote Control, which sends midi cc's. When it's loaded inside Freestyle it does not send the cc messages out of the plugin. D'oh!

Midi out works in 1.5 but notes only- cc coming soon.

OK midi CC and PB is added in the latest 1.5207 update
https://newsonicarts.com/html/user.php

pinki wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:29 pm OK midi CC and PB is added in the latest 1.5 update
https://newsonicarts.com/html/user.php
That's great! Is it possible to have macros that send midi cc's? As opposed to just listen to them? I want to send cc data from Freestyle (using the snapshot functionality). Thanks!

I'll check..

I can't see any way to have macros function that aren't assigned to something, however I found that I could load a mixer for dummy controls with a bunch of channels doing nothing so that I could just assign macros to those levels, so as to use the midi cc out. And it works! I now have a device which can send midi cc's and store program change triggered snapshots of those cc's with each preset. I know it's not what it was designed for but it can be a very useful tool anyways. I'll use it to send snapshots out to Bitwig devices, which can be modulated by incoming midi cc's.

It would be nice if it wasn't necessary to load a dummy mixer to use the controls for midi but not a huge deal.

One thing I think does need to be changed though overall is that the macros do not send any value readings to the host. It would be great if it would pass through the value in the units of the learned control if there is only one control, otherwise at least showing the percentage of the macro (as it reads in the top corner) would be something at least. Automation would be very hard otherwise.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”