So no selling Serum license anymore..

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:05 am Unless Xfer has an office somewhere in the EU, they are under no obligation to do anything the EU says.
Selling products internationally doesn't work like that. If you sell in the EU market, you have to abide by EU laws, no matter where your office is.

King of Snake wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:06 pm
BONES wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:05 am Unless Xfer has an office somewhere in the EU, they are under no obligation to do anything the EU says.
Selling products internationally doesn't work like that. If you sell in the EU market, you have to abide by EU laws, no matter where your office is.
There aren’t really any EU laws, just directives...each member state country has its own laws and can do things differently. Either way, they are not going to be able to force a non EU based company to do anything regarding digital media.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

King of Snake wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:06 pm
Problem is: Are they "really" selling in the EU market? Since they are selling online, where does the sale happen - in their headquarters or in the buyer location? That's a grey area. If you have a legal dispute, which laws apply?

Anyway, EU has no way to enforce anything on anyone outside their territory. That's a fact. And where does the money they charge under VAT go to? Who is in charge of collecting those taxes? Are they supposed to voluntarily transfer the money to some EU department? Or they simply keep it to themselves?
Fernando (FMR)

Vital is the winner.

Soon serum will be forgotten forever.

RIP.

TaDa.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

^I highly doubt. But what makes you say that anyway? And how soon is soon?

The move to stop license transfers is an obvious sign that sales are down .impo.
I believe next Vital s update\s\ will bring great new features etc...So...
In general Vital will just naturally be the choice for making sounds. And potential buyers of serum may give it another thought as NFR software investment is a...hmmm...think about it..... hence the topic.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Never underestimate the power of YouTube; Vital is now all over the place. I don't even use Serum or Vital, but it's hard to miss.

Obviously, a tutorial of Vital will generate more viewers than a Serum one, I assume; because it's free. You read that right: it's FREE! :)

excuse me please wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:18 am Obviously, a tutorial of Vital will generate more viewers than a Serum one, I assume; because it's free. You read that right: it's FREE! :)
Obviously the plugin with most users will generate most viewers..? Serum, together with Sylenth1 and Nexus are probably the most used plugins out there.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:56 am
excuse me please wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:18 am Obviously, a tutorial of Vital will generate more viewers than a Serum one, I assume; because it's free. You read that right: it's FREE! :)
Obviously the plugin with most users will generate most viewers..? Serum, together with Sylenth1 and Nexus are probably the most used plugins out there.
Maybe so, but you are living in the past:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qQX6YGBQEA

excuse me please wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Am I? Watched the video long ago, bought Vital Pro when it was released.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:42 am

Are you sure? But Sylenth1 is the most popular synth ever! :P

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uhndS9kDGG4

excuse me please wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:11 am

Don't worry, I have Sylenth1 too 😉 As well as Serum. But not Nexus, just couldn't justify the price level for Nexus.

EDIT: For me it isn't one plugin or the other, in world they co-exists. Vital will not replace or "kill" Serum. Both will have their place.

EDIT 2: I also have Avenger and RAPID..
Last edited by starflakeprj on Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:55 am
excuse me please wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:11 am

Don't worry, I have Sylenth1 too 😉 As well as Serum. But not Nexus, just couldn't justify the price level for Nexus.

EDIT: For me it isn't one plugin or the other, in world they co-exists. Vital will not replace or "kill" Serum. Both will have their place.

EDIT 2: I also have Avenger and RAPID..
Well, after my iLok disaster I bought old Roland and Yamaha hardware. Just realized how silly my 'living in the past' answer was :oops:

Planned to buy a Korg Wavestate, but there will a 61 key SE edition later on. So I decided to go for the Yamaha MODX7.

AcrossTheSky wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:53 pm Vital is the winner.

Soon serum will be forgotten forever.

RIP.

TaDa.
I wouldn’t bet on that, Serum has so many great preset packs, it is a great for people who want professional ready made sounds. I am sure there will be a lot more professional presets for Vital over time, but there are not many now (I have the pro version). I also suspect you will continue to see more free and interesting updates for Serum, it has been very well supported and a lot of value has been added along the way for users.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”