Updates Jan 27th 2020 - Catalina & more

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

All plug-in downloads from u-he.com are now Catalina ready. Just download & install from here:

https://u-he.com/products

Additionally, following plug-ins have been updated with new versions for macOS and Windows:

Diva 1.4.4 now has improved multicore support, and new compilers allowed us to further reduce the CPU hit. We also improved compatibility with MPE controllers and implemented the new voice stealing algorithm from Hive – which is just that extra tad more musical! Altogether we think Diva 1.4.4 feels like a whole new synth: Better performance, better playability, better everything.

ACE 1.4.1 underwent a similar treatment to Diva, but the main news is that we can announce tagged presets and an end to mismatched parameters between the Mac, Win and Linux versions. Yay! Some of your old projects on Windows may need certain automated parameters reassigned by hand, but we enclosed a list of changes to help you do that. Again, improvements in voice handling make the new ACE as much joy to play as Diva and Hive!

ZebraHZ 2.9.1 is finally updated to match the recent release of Zebra2, which itself has a few minor bugs fixed. At Hans's request, ZebraHZ 2.9.1 (part of The Dark Zebra soundset) has been extended with some extra modules: there are now 4 Comb filters and 3 Resonators! If you own The Dark Zebra and wish to update, simply request your license email from our support webpage and you will receive a temporary download link.

Repro 1.1.1 has a few minor improvements and crash bugs fixed.

Hive 2.0.1 has major improvements in its UI responsiveness.

Podolski 1.2.2 has been updated with tagged presets and NKS support.

Linux version will be posted in the Linux subforum shortly.

Enjoy,

- Urs

Cheers, Urs. I think you should update the installer to work correctly with 4k screens. It's probably related to system text size, which I have at 175%.
Zebra.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are these different from the earlier released "rc's"?

Awesome! I now know what I’ll be doing when I get home tonight.

dorremifasol wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:52 pm Cheers, Urs. I think you should update the installer to work correctly with 4k screens.
This is a known issue. But the installer is not made by us, and as long as there is no updated version available, we unfortunately can't do anything about this.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

exmatproton wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:52 pm Are these different from the earlier released "rc's"?
Those are the RC versions we had posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=538533
So if you already installed those, you are fine.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Diva 1.4.4 now has improved multicore support, and new compilers allowed us to further reduce the CPU hit. We also improved compatibility with MPE controllers and implemented the new voice stealing algorithm from Hive – which is just that extra tad more musical! Altogether we think Diva 1.4.4 feels like a whole new synth: Better performance, better playability, better everything.
Nice. :tu:

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:21 pm
exmatproton wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:52 pm Are these different from the earlier released "rc's"?
Those are the RC versions we had posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=538533
So if you already installed those, you are fine.
:tu:

Great updates btw. Feels all more refined :party:

Quickly Tested newest versions of Z2, ZHZ, Diva, RePro1/5, Podolski and all seem to be running good, no crashes so far.

Podolski seems like the only update that messed with my old patch folder setup due to the new patch indexing. Luckily I have a backup and am contemplating the best way to combine the two.

Did the ZHZ sound engine get slightly tweaked or changed ? Could just be a cold.

Great update for Diva ! (optimization of multi-core, and voice allocation)

Going to wait on the Bazille update until the sound difference kink is worked out.

Urs, any chance that new Diva voice stealing mode can be added to RePro-5 in the future or does the architecture prevent it ?

Requests:
Repro-5 cpu improvements if possible, even with mcore on/HQ off its a cpu hog on a 6 core !
New HS/HZ presets showing off new ZHZ features please.

MBP/Latest Logic/Mojave

jamiescryin wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:46 pmUrs, any chance that new Diva voice stealing mode can be added to RePro-5 in the future or does the architecture prevent it ?
It wouldn't be true to the original, but I won't rule it out, as an option. The voice management of Hive and Diva is also shared with ACE and Bazille, but it isn't in Zebra/HZ, Repro or Filterscape.
Repro-5 cpu improvements if possible, even with mcore on/HQ off its a cpu hog on a 6 core !
The optimisation we did for Diva does not apply to Repro unfortunately. Just always keep in mind that Repro's "not HQ" mode corresponds to Diva's "Divine" mode. Only few patches need to ultimate render quality, on most patches the difference is inaudible.
New HS/HZ presets showing off new ZHZ features please.
I won't bug HZ for more, but I'm sure there'll be patches popping up for it.

Just tried Zebra and ZebraHZ on MacOS (Reaper and Renoise), and unfortunately the entries in the context menus that you get by left (preset list) and right (mode menu) clicking on the current present name, do not have any effect in either of the two synths. Hence, it is not possible to initialize the synths anymore since neither the "init" in the the preset list (left click) nor the "init" in the mode menu (right click) does anything.

I found a bug on latest release of Diva. when playing arp notes manually via midifile , it happens that the sound hangs, i found out that when i toggle on, off of the arp button or change the voice stack the sound went back to normal.
Last edited by peke on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Diva update is awesome! The CPU usage is so low now! It's incredible!
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

dorremifasol wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:52 pm Cheers, Urs. I think you should update the installer to work correctly with 4k screens. It's probably related to system text size, which I have at 175%.

Zebra.png
this has been what every installer from u-he looks like for me. i always wondered why it was never fixed.

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 am The Diva update is awesome! The CPU usage is so low now! It's incredible!
I never could have imagined the words Diva and Low CPU in the same sentence :lol:
Excellent job! :tu:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “u-he”