How would a subscription model benefit the consumer using Logic?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ploki wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:57 am
apoclypse wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:56 pm

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... p?t=100960 First hit when googling. That was a very common issue in LP9.

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... p?t=108284 First hit when googling LPX 10.0.

Here's more https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5747608

Maybe learn how to use google.

I've been a Logic user since 5.5 Platinum. LPX and LP9 forced me to look elsewhere.
first link is LP9, we were talking about LPX.
second link was NOT widespread at all, the thread has 4 answers and most are nonsense.

CPU issues were not new. Multi-threading was an issue for all DAWs at the time, when the race to most GHz changed to race for the most threads. (I also frequent lph forums)

Third link is again weird specific combination that causes random issues.
I can google shit and come up with some weird ass specific issues from random users for any DAW at any point in f**king time, that proves absolutely nothing.

I can also google and come up with more links why the earth is flat and tell you "maybe learn how to google"

LP9 and LPX forced you to look elsewhere? So you stopped using it at LPX after you already stopped using it at LP9?
You said none of my original post was true. Which was about both LP9 and LPX. So maybe learn how to read instead of just defending your favorite DAW.

I bought Studio One after the LP9 EQ issue because it was frustrating enough and show stopping enough that I couldn't deal with it anymore. I upgraded to LPX in hopes that the issues would be resolved and that particular issues was resolved in LPX but brought a whole bunch of other showstoppers with it. Just because I moved away from LP9 doesn't mean I don't have almost a decades worth of projects I've made in Logic up until that point. I still upgrade Reason and I haven't used that to do anything since 2009. I like to make sure I can open and edit older projects if I need to.

You were the one that was trying to point to your LogicProHelp experience (which means jackshit) and said you never saw any issues. Funny after two seconds of googling I found issues. LPX had issues, LP9 had issues. It was a known issue across the whole Logic community. You can go back to when LPX was released and you will see my review on the App Store and many others going on about the issues.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:00 am
You said none of my original post was true. Which was about both LP9 and LPX. So maybe learn how to read instead of just defending your favorite DAW.

I bought Studio One after the LP9 EQ issue because it was frustrating enough and show stopping enough that I couldn't deal with it anymore. I upgraded to LPX in hopes that the issues would be resolved and that particular issues was resolved in LPX but brought a whole bunch of other showstoppers with it. Just because I moved away from LP9 doesn't mean I don't have almost a decades worth of projects I've made in Logic up until that point. I still upgrade Reason and I haven't used that to do anything since 2009. I like to make sure I can open and edit older projects if I need to.

You were the one that was trying to point to your LogicProHelp experience (which means jackshit) and said you never saw any issues. Funny after two seconds of googling I found issues. LPX had issues, LP9 had issues. It was a known issue across the whole Logic community. You can go back to when LPX was released and you will see my review on the App Store and many others going on about the issues.
i'm not defending logic, i think there's plenty of glaring oversights i listed here and no update for two NAMMs in a row based on the track record feels like neglect.

I've tried many alternatives and none is flawless. None even has enough benefits to justify for me to switch over and relearn. (I also own cubase/protools, tried studioone, reaper)

as far as old projects go:
It's wise to do a simple trackout of each finished project. Plugins change, systems get wiped, you sell plugins...
I don't care about older projects, as long as i can open midi data from it - which LPX can do fine for more than a decade back.
I'm still trying to find the optimal "archiving" process for logic. I'm toying with enabling freeze on everything and hitting play. That will render every track as 32bit FP but with garbled name.

I finished projects on LPX. IT was no more usable/unusable as LP9 and LP8.
In all reality, i was a bit of a disappointed that it was basically LP9 with a facelift, which is still obvious in the environment.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”