What's the closest thing to Bazille in a real Eurorack?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the pure FM side of things this is worth looking at: https://humble.audio.
There's also Akemie's Castle. And I think there are a few PD modules out there now.
Meaningful four-voice poly is now possible in Eurorack (Doepfer is selling a line of modules geared toward this).

But trying to make a full hardware modular bazille will run many thousands of USD and might require it's own small room.

I love hardware modular synthesis, but working with Bazille and Zebra (and now Kyma too) has made hardware, for me, only function well as a (very) forced-limitations tool. Which can be a good thing. But I go back to the software because it can take me places the modular just can't (albeit with major performance compromises due to the lack of physicality and resulting limited spontaneity).
But I understand the desire. I dream of Zebra and Bazille with super hi-res hardware knobs and faders for every param on every module. And full patchability. But physical reality doesn't want to cooperate with the dreams these marvelous software tools inspire.
filmmaker/composer - http://www.brookhinton.com

Bazille has 16 voices...
unison...
each module output can have as many wires as you want...
extensive midi control...
multiple instances...
full MPE support...
presets...

It is not possible to get close to Bazille in Eurorack.
I'd happily pay thousands of dollars for a slick hardware Bazille from u-he.

Am I right in thinking that instead of set operator algorithms (as per your classic DX style of FM), in bazille you essentially create your own operator algorithms by patching it however you choose?

Not sure if I'm 100% making sense as I'm trying to get to grips with FM- Zebra's implementation of FM has actually helped a lot in that regard

grandmasterbird wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:24 pm Am I right in thinking that instead of set operator algorithms (as per your classic DX style of FM), in bazille you essentially create your own operator algorithms by patching it however you choose?
Yep, as it's modular. Why not check out the demo…

Howard wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:08 pm
grandmasterbird wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:24 pm Am I right in thinking that instead of set operator algorithms (as per your classic DX style of FM), in bazille you essentially create your own operator algorithms by patching it however you choose?
Yep, as it's modular. Why not check out the demo…
Thanks. Yes I tried the demo some time ago, I loved the way it sounded but found it a bewildering experience!

Maybe with a bit more knowledge it's now time to revisit

grandmasterbird wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:58 pm Maybe with a bit more knowledge it's now time to revisit
I recommend studying what the manual says about the oscillators. Only 5 pages, but...
Last edited by Howard on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(double post)

Return to “u-he”