[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

kidslow wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 am
adl wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:38 am Copy paste works if I remember correctly, just use keyboard shortcuts.
I had to go back and look. Keyboard shortcuts explicitly do not work. However somehow I missed the big PASTE button in the interface. :dog:
LOL. I know I pasted it somehow. :D
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

dmbaer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:27 pm I'm curious about something. One oft-heard criticism of IKM T-Racks (and heard plenty in this thread) is that you get the whole lot installed, even if you wish to audition or purchase just a single module.

But SSSR is available from other sellers, like Sweetwater. Can purchasing from a third party get the customer around this issue? I suspect not, but I've only acquired T-Racks software directly from IKM, so I don't know either way.
Purchasing from a dealer would still grant you a serial to unlock your software download in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account. Just like purchased from IK directly.

While we do include all modules with the T-RackS 5 CS download, due to user request in the past. These can be used to TRY any of our modules. These can also be removed if they are not needed. Just go to your Plug-in folders and remove them or add them to a plug-in unused folder for future use. For anyone looking to remove anything they don't need from their plug-in list, shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to help. I've made sure to continue to pass the feedback here to the team in the meantime.

Check out our FAQ on trials here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=798

Also, for those who missed it, Squids did a new interview with Warren Huart on T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BY_or4DGU0
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

I have the Let It Be shirt.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Nice video from Bill Mims who has done some major work at Sunset Sound on T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb:

https://youtu.be/-_1dGTBMxKg

Not only do we have a new video from Mark Linett about T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb but he will be live with us in minutes - check out the IK Instagram for the live stream at 4PM EST.

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/doDnsBuG-xo

Squids did a second live stream with Mark Linett because of all of the great stuff they weren't able to cover (Mark has so much information to share, not just about T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb but about his great experiences recording for decades). These are great chats if you haven't checked them out, we have daily streams on multiple topics.

Also, we have another video from Ross Hogarth coming, and we will also have new T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb presets too!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:56 pm Squids did a second live stream with Mark Linett because of all of the great stuff they weren't able to cover (Mark has so much information to share, not just about T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb but about his great experiences recording for decades). These are great chats if you haven't checked them out, we have daily streams on multiple topics.

Also, we have another video from Ross Hogarth coming, and we will also have new T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb presets too!
Cool Peter. Did you see the Sound-on-Sound review yet? Exciting! Thanks for the excellent streams with Squids and all the guests. Really cool talks about a lot of interesting recording history. Loved it. I hope I will be able to test drive SSSR soon.

Do you find that the chambers, rooms, and plates mix particularly well with each other on the same source? "Each room also has an associated chamber" so I'd guess at least the rooms and chambers go well together? What about the chambers and the plates?

Don't have much time to demo this before the current sale ends, but has anyone compared this with Acustica's Silver reverbs run through Acustica console plugins?

Sunset Sound is a great plugin and well worth the sale price in my opinion. IK Multimedia's reverb plugins are excellent.

The OP said something about Intro Price.
Is this now the Outro Price?

The Sunset plates and springs are as good as it gets. I think they sound amazing.

The rooms are unique and great sounding when needed.

heyheycnv wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:29 am The Sunset plates and springs are as good as it gets. I think they sound amazing.

IK's official audio demos of the plates don't sound nearly as good as Acustica Silver B IMO. YMMV. Maybe I'll like it more once I have time to demo it thoroughly myself.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:23 pm The OP said something about Intro Price.
Is this now the Outro Price?
This is the weekly deal price. It will return to $/€149.99 afterward, then the next weekly deal will run on another plugin.

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:06 am
heyheycnv wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:29 am The Sunset plates and springs are as good as it gets. I think they sound amazing.

IK's official audio demos of the plates don't sound nearly as good as Acustica Silver B IMO. YMMV. Maybe I'll like it more once I have time to demo it thoroughly myself.
I do like Plate 1 on (some) vocals, which is oddly missing from IK's official audio demos. While Plate 2 does meld with the source well, it provides very little sense of depth (having iso before plate helps), and the ending of the tail sometimes sounds unpleasant. Even for plate 1 the extra sense of depth I hear in hardware and Acustica is lacking.

In those IK demos the timing of the ending of the chamber's tail sounds really unappealing, reminding me of why an algo reverb can really be preferable. And the ending of the tail sounds harsh, discordant, and unrealistic. It does not compare at all favorably with examples of vocals recorded apparently using those chambers in sections with relatively exposed vocals and heavy reverb, where you can hear a very pleasant diffusion at the end of the tail, instead of the discordant harshness of the plugin. I was literally going "yuck"....

Return to “Effects”