The Blacksmith of Baghdad Pt 3 {metal-ish}

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Metal, for want of a better term. Nice and short.
Part 3 of 4 (so far) - the others aren't finished. Neither is this to be honest, but what the hey.

https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/th ... ghdad-pt-3

Enjoy! :party:

Nice one. I though it had a bit of a "Kashmir" vibe, with that heavy-duty drum sound and the trons piling in.

Good work :)

I like it. Good guitar tones. Would have loved to hear a different bass tone. And maybe more percussion variation. But really good work and a good mix all around.

I like the interplay between the guitar and the synths. Nice scale for the synths. Sounds fresh.
Certainly has the John Bonham drum vibe.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

seismic1 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:02 am Nice one. I though it had a bit of a "Kashmir" vibe, with that heavy-duty drum sound and the trons piling in.

Good work :)
A band called Al Qaynah is/was the inspiration. Arabic metal, I suppose.
The drums were inspired by Zep's "When The Levee Breaks".
As for the mellotron, :love: :love: :love: :love: !
:tu:

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:23 am I like it. Good guitar tones. Would have loved to hear a different bass tone. And maybe more percussion variation. But really good work and a good mix all around.
Thanks for listening!
The guitars are AmpleSound's LP for the lead, and Shreddage Jupiter for the rhthyms.
What kind of bass tone would you have used? I used AmpleSound's YinYang bass pushed very hard through a bx Bassdude.
Drums haha, I've been told my drums are sometimes over the top, so I held back!

Allomerus wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:44 am I like the interplay between the guitar and the synths. Nice scale for the synths. Sounds fresh.
Certainly has the John Bonham drum vibe.
Well done! :)
Thanks for listening!
Ha ha, I don't know about fresh - the intro is inspired/ripped off from Queensryche's Mind Crime album, the drums from a 49-year old Zeppelin album, and the whole thing by an obscure band from 10 years ago!
I'm just getting over the flu', so I didn't really get to put the final polish on it, maybe I will, now, after this positive feedback. And finish off the other 3 parts.

Definitely has a "Kashmir" vibe among other things. Very well done. :tu:

Googly Smythe wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:54 pm
What kind of bass tone would you have used? I used AmpleSound's YinYang bass pushed very hard through a bx Bassdude.
Drums haha, I've been told my drums are sometimes over the top, so I held back!
The bass needed more depth. It felt narrow and punchy, but never hit my gut.

The drums lacked variation. So many opportunities to ride with the instrumentation, but it just maintained the beat.

But that is my opinion.

Sounds good so far! It does have a mid-eastern style. It made me think of Delgec by the Turkish female rock singer Şebnem Ferah. There’s an over-the-top live version on YouTube.

Return to “Music Cafe”