One Synth Challenge #131: Syncla-X (Voting Over, results pending)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, I'll go first then!!!!!!! Here's my Syncla-X entry following on in my Jazz/Blues genre ...

DAW: Reaper

Track details:
12 * Syncla-X
13 * ReaEQ
3 * Oril River
6 * JS Midi Note Filter
1 * Bass Professor
1 * Pecheneg Tremolo

Master track:
1 * TDR VOS SlickEQ
1 * Ferric TDS
1 * Voxengo MSED
1 * Limiter No 6

Metering:
SPAN
YouLean Loudness Meter 2 (Free)

Stats:
DR: 11
LUFS:17

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/synclapations

Wow, very plausible sounds! Especially realistic pianos, as well as percussion, which I did not succeed. Tell me, how does the information stand for:
Stats:
DR: 11
LUFS:17

Thanks for the "vote of confidence" … it was hard work, with some luck! Taron's "Reeds and Horns" patch gave me some insights basically confirming my approach! Fine tuning the higher order harmonics was very tricky indeed, and still some notes "sound" a little out of tune! But I am not going to be bothered with that at this late stage. :dog:

DR:11 is via the TT Dynamic Range Meter
LUFS: 17.7 from Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (nearer 18 LUFS in reality!).

dB

Thank you, I'll know. As far as I hear, you kept the promise about 2-3 instruments) Nevertheless, it sounds holistically and self-sufficient!
I was given a few unexpected days off by fate, so I will continue to finish all this until the last day (maybe an hour). This synthesizer simply drags you into infinity!

@doctorbob is that a pitch envelope somewhere? I'm not able to get a pitch envelope anywhere. I suppose FM could be it, but I wasn't able to get any configuration of the FM knobs into a pitch envelope.

You might be hearing the Tremolo - the brain often interprets a tremolo (volume change) as vibrato!

dB

The main problem with which nothing seems to be done is that Syncla-X randomly cuts off a few milliseconds of attack to sharp zero-attack sounds, making them smoother. :bang: This greatly spoils kick, electric piano, and other bells! Has anyone else encountered this? Did anyone somehow get around it or just accept it? :neutral:

I just went with the sounds I got … with the kick, try adding another attack layer which is just a click which might just about disguise the smoother attack???

dB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you for your response. :hug: It seems that this is a miscalculation in the synthesizer codes, clearly, that this should not be the case... I set the attack of all parts to 0, but randomly about half of the notes are smoothed, slightly, but perceptibly. What about your preset... it seems that a velocity value other than zero improves the result a bit :shrug:

That's OK - glad to try to help!

The "piano" sounded OK "in the mix", so I was not going to fiddle with it further. I'm sure it can be improved on - I would generally for a piano use at least 2 instances and filter the notes around middle C, and program the instances to better represent the lower and higher registers - then mix!

dB

https://soundcloud.com/vert-hex/transfe ... -131-entry
Just upload your consciousness already.

Hi, it's been a while!! Joined this month's comp kind of late, but finished a song in record time. It's a short song, maybe suited for a menu, but it's a song. Hope I can stay productive this way forever.

Syncla-X has been met with some technical criticism, but I had a pretty good time with it. Percussion is always the kicker with synths that lack pitch modulation, but luckily we had a vcf envelope to compensate.

As always, all sounds made from scratch, with 22 instances of Syncla-X. Mixed with stock FL plugins. Ever wake up drenched in reverb? Me too.

Hello :D ,

I'm begining to write in the forum with this post. It's nice to have a chance to share with other compositors and sound designers.

https://soundcloud.com/nicolascanese/kn ... 131synclax

I've made this track in FL Studio 12.

In total I have 11 Instances of the SynclaX, only the kick takes 4. I used only native Fl Studio compressors, eq, reverb, delay and distortion.

Cheers!

Welcome to the OSC Nicolas. I liked your music in the SWC. This is a very different sort of challenge, but you will meet good sound designers and composers here who will comment and help your tracks as time goes on. Look forward to more tracks from you.

dB

https://soundcloud.com/hennessey/bh9090 ... synclavamb

7 instances in Live 9 with EQ, Compressor, Delays Auto Filter/Pan, Convolution Reverb...and the good ol' Tal-Reverb-4.

I had crash problems so I went minimal ambient.

Hi everyone !

So here is my track for this mounth challange. To be honest first times i digged into programing this, it felt like trying to start an aircraft. I think i had to turn like 6 knobs to make sure that the sound is coming out and the 7th to put it on the right part (like - central) , but you all know... :D anyway after playing a little, i got used to it and had some fun. 8)
I think the lack of ''factory presets'' was a good thing, it forced me to think more in therms of sonic needs, and made me experiment a little.

https://soundcloud.com/aetherlight/aeth ... synclassic

Anyway, here is a resume of the software i used:
DAW:
FL Studio

Synth :
Syncla-x - 28 instances

Effects/Processors (mostly stock):
Fruity Parametric EQ2
Fruity WaveShaper
Fruity Compressor
Fruity Multiband Compressor
Fruity Stereo Enhancer