Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:17 pm I don't know what state these are in. Our UI Designer has been excessively busy, and I think he's mostly waiting for Uhbik to get finalised features before continuing...
I'd also like to ask this:

Is Uhbik 2.0 just new skins for these plug-ins, or have they all (especially the delay and reverb) been rewritten from the ground up with better algorithms resulting in a higher quality output?

Please don't change the saturation (OutClip) present in the Alpha 02 version! Or at least keep the current one if you add more. It's one of the best I've heard. I'm impatiently awaiting this version 2 (even an alpha 02.0.0.0.1 which fixes the crash on macOS) because Uhbik is a real gem.

Sorry, if I overlooked something, but will be the upgrade to UHBIK 2.0 free for guys who buy it now?

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 am Sorry, if I overlooked something, but will be the upgrade to UHBIK 2.0 free for guys who buy it now?
Yes

Is NKS still planned for Uhbik? That would be a very important feature for me!

We'll surely update everything for NKS over time, but our focus is on finishing things first.

Urs wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:49 am
martinjuenke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 am Sorry, if I overlooked something, but will be the upgrade to UHBIK 2.0 free for guys who buy it now?
Yes
Is Uhbik 2.0 just new skins for these plug-ins, or have they all (especially the delay and reverb) been rewritten from the ground up with better algorithms resulting in a higher quality output?

Urs wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:59 pm We'll surely update everything for NKS over time, but our focus is on finishing things first.
Great! That’s all I needed to hear.

limitlesssss wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:26 pm Is Uhbik 2.0 just new skins for these plug-ins, or have they all (especially the delay and reverb) been rewritten from the ground up with better algorithms resulting in a higher quality output?
Wow... is there no middle ground? Does it have to be rewritten from the ground up to warrant a 2.0 branding? I'm sure there's A LOT of mature software out there that would still be 1.0 then. There are code optimizations, feature additions and yes GUI updates that can all be made without having to rewrite code from the ground up.

GruvSyco wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:13 pm
limitlesssss wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:26 pm Is Uhbik 2.0 just new skins for these plug-ins, or have they all (especially the delay and reverb) been rewritten from the ground up with better algorithms resulting in a higher quality output?
Wow... is there no middle ground? Does it have to be rewritten from the ground up to warrant a 2.0 branding? I'm sure there's A LOT of mature software out there that would still be 1.0 then. There are code optimizations, feature additions and yes GUI updates that can all be made without having to rewrite code from the ground up.
No, I'm just asking. I'm not implying that they don't already sound good. I'm just curious if they've been rewritten from the ground up or if it's mostly a cosmetic update with some new features here and there. They already sound good. They just looked horrible which made me not use them ever. But now they look much much better. So I was curious if the update was just cosmetic or if it was more than just a GUI update.

I love all the plug-ins by u-he.

We have added a novel reverb algorithm, and we also have an ongoing project to improve sound quality of some distortion sections.

The main things that we're doing with the upgrade is adding modulation and dynamic behaviour to all Uhbiks. The reverb benefits a lot from this, as we add gain parameters pre/post effect, which has all sorts of creative and surgical uses.

Urs wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:27 am We have added a novel reverb algorithm, and we also have an ongoing project to improve sound quality of some distortion sections.

The main things that we're doing with the upgrade is adding modulation and dynamic behaviour to all Uhbiks. The reverb benefits a lot from this, as we add gain parameters pre/post effect, which has all sorts of creative and surgical uses.
That's amazing. Thank you Urs for the reply.

Is there a known issue with serial number screen pop-up being completely blank/white except for a blue bordered box(AU, VST, VST3 in Live 11, Bitwig 5)?? Using Ventura OS on an M1.

Thanks in advance.

cr78 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:41 am Is there a known issue with serial number screen pop-up being completely blank/white except for a blue bordered box(AU, VST, VST3 in Live 11, Bitwig 5)?? Using Ventura OS on an M1.
Yes. Please remember those Uhbik alphas are from 2019.
Apple changes things with every major macOS update, breaking things here and there and everywhere. One such change in the last years broke the appearance of our dialogs.
This has long been fixed, but will of course show up in those old Uhbik builds, which we could not update since then.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Hi guys, i’ve been waiting for three years now for the final versions. I bought it just for that with hope. Please pick up the pace. ❤️🙏

Return to “u-he”