Bazille latest build rev. 9619 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

while Bazille is still missing a few refinements (preset tagging, manual updates, ...) until it can receive an official update, it's already polished and stable enough for a new latest build. Most importantly, this version also adds support for macOS Catalina.

Downloads:

Bazille 1.1.1 latest build 9619 Mac
Bazille 1.1.1 latest build 9619 Win

Here's an overview of what has changed since the last official release verion 1.1, rev. 3898:

Improvements:

* Mac installer notarized (Catalina)
* Winstaller improvements
* UTF-8 support for installation paths
* Added VST3 support
* New Preset Browser
* Factory presets have been tagged
* Pitchbend range is now +/−48
* Improved GUI response time on some Macs (sluggish GUI)
* Windows UI performance improved (less CPU load with open GUI)
* Mac installer improved to prevent permission issues
* New user defined MIDI CC sources replace fixed expression and breath modulation
* Mouseover shows parameter values in Data Display
* Plugin format and OS info shown next to revision number
* Init preset can be loaded from Data Display (for Win users: also works via right-click)
* Increased maximum number of installed skins from 10 to 20
* Improved handling of 14bit MIDI CC assignment
* Sustain pedal now working according to standard (0-63 = off, 64-127 = on)
* Fixed an issue with mapping generator not updating instantly
* Fixed an issue where multiplex could kill audio output
* Fixed DC buildup issue in distortion module
* Various small fixes and improvements

Known issues & notes:

The problem with the mixed up host automation list from the previous latest build (rev. 9033) is fixed.

* Issue with LFO phase when LFO triggers envelope
* Rare DC issue (audio clicks, sound cuts out)
* Natural cable style causing GUI glitches
* Dialogs may appear transparent in Logic under macOS Catalina (and in Cubase 10.5)
* Context menus need plugin focus to work (Apple issue)

We improved the Windows installer to prevent wrong installations and permission issues. Please check the suggested installation paths during installation.

If you experience GUI glitches when switching presets, either close and reopen the GUI, or simply avoid using the cable style "natural".

IMPORTANT: If you are updating from rev. 3898, please install the update into the same location as the previous version, and select all previously installed plugin formats during installation. Alternatively, you can remove the old files, and start over with a fresh installation. It is crucial to not install old and new plugin versions side by side, since the old versions can not cope with the new preset browser, and will crash (or otherwise misbehave).

As always, please let us know if you encounter any problems not listed in the known issues section.

Cheers,
Tas
Last edited by tasmaniandevil on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds different from rev. 8791 :neutral: I can send you a preset, I'm not sure where the problem is in the signal path.
Brzzzzzzt.

Hi elnn,

you can send it to support[at]u-he.com or try to attach it to a post here in this thread.
We'll check it out, but since we're all on holiday, it may take a bit.

Thanks!
Viktor

elnn wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:22 pm Sounds different from rev. 8791 :neutral: I can send you a preset, I'm not sure where the problem is in the signal path.
Thanks for the warning

Between those two revisions we fixed several bugs. E.g. we clipped the output of the multiplex to avoid noise bursts with certain cable configurations.
We will have another look at the issue once we are back at work, to determine if anything else is contributing to the sound change in your preset, or if it's all due to bug fixes.

Update: Yup, we found something in connection with the LFO phase when the LFO triggers the envelope. This might explain that sound change. We are on to it.

I'm getting a notably slower UI with this version than with previous -- in particular, clicking the tabs for Synth - Tweaks - Patches, there is a short delay after clicking before they actually load. I went back to the previous version to make sure I wasn't imagining things, and sure enough, in 1.1.0 they load immediately without any pause.

Not totally sure if other UI areas are affected, it's hard to judge. I think maybe the mod-map graphics update a little more slowly, too. Also feels like there is a longer delay between opening context menus as well, etc.

In short, everything just feels notably less 'snappy' in terms of UI responsiveness.

I'm on iMac OSX Low Sierra, fwiw. Host is Ableton Live 10 but the behavior was the same in Renoise, Reason, etc.

Just realized there are no nks presets for Bazille. Was that a separate download or has that not been done yet?

There is no NKS version for Bazille, yet.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:26 pm Is the sequencer bug still in Bazille? The last time I used it the graphics of the sequencer not are not update sometimes, like after recalling a preset. Thanks.
The sequencer GUI sometimes acts erractically, e.g. only starts reacting at the second played note, or stops updating after a while.
Since those Catalina updates drained all available energy, there was only a small amount of resources and time left for fixing bugs, and those resources went into fixing the most crucial issues.
Thus minor issues, like the sequencer graphics were left out for this update.

Speaking of the sequencer - Just want to add my only wish for Bazille, which is swing/shuffle for the sequencer. Sorely missing. Hopefully in a bigger update!

Going to wait on this update until you work on the kinks with the sound even though would like the new preset browser.

jamiescryin wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:33 pm Going to wait on this update until you work on the kinks with the sound even though would like the new preset browser.
You mean the official release right...

Have we received any word on when that may be?

Cheers

smellypants wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:56 am You mean the official release right...
Have we received any word on when that may be?
We are still working on that one bug which affects the LFO.
Once that's done, we might post a new latest build.
There are some more things left to do, before we can release an official update.

Ah... Thanks for the update mate :)

Return to “u-he”