Massive X 1.2 is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:23 pm The problem for me is the way it handles (or doesn't!) third party presets. Do they all get dumped in the "user" folder? Massive X is a really powerful synth with some great features. The effects are very nice. Some really interesting filters (but only 1!!), and the oscillator morphing options and modulation system is all great. But the browser needs to be sorted out urgently!
Yes, the way I designed my commercial soundbank for Massive X is by making an unique prefix, prior to the patch number, followed by the patch name. That way all the patches of my soundbank are together in the user folder.

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:23 pm The problem for me is the way it handles (or doesn't!) third party presets. Do they all get dumped in the "user" folder? Massive X is a really powerful synth with some great features. The effects are very nice. Some really interesting filters (but only 1!!), and the oscillator morphing options and modulation system is all great. But the browser needs to be sorted out urgently!
Agreed, totally. MX is amazing, but its browser is really awful.

For those that dont know, if you have 3rd party presets (Angelic Vibes has a really good free library), you have to open MX, and in the drop down menu, open the user library folder. Then you can place your presets in your folder.

the browser IS awful, but yes, seems a lot of 3rd-party preset designers have figured it out, and done the prefix thing. still, it's a weak link in an otherwise impressive plugin....

JoaquinAce wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:42 pm
Yes, the way I designed my commercial soundbank for Massive X is by making an unique prefix, prior to the patch number, followed by the patch name. That way all the patches of my soundbank are together in the user folder.
'commercial soundbank'? where's a link for that, put that out there (i can't find it on soundcloud, etc)...

fisherKing wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:57 pm
'commercial soundbank'? where's a link for that, put that out there (i can't find it on soundcloud, etc)...
It will be posted in my artist Facebook age, but here is an online link to it at a store...

https://www.encountersmedia.be/index.ph ... -x-presets

Here is a demo track on my SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/user-654529282/d ... -massive-x

fisherKing wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:55 pm the browser IS awful, but yes, seems a lot of 3rd-party preset designers have figured it out, and done the prefix thing. still, it's a weak link in an otherwise impressive plugin....
Yeah this is an option, I really didn't want to have to add the NL - prefix as it makes it messy with the category prefixes, e.g: NL - LD Hard Lead. But I guess that will be the only way at the moment.

By the way, my Massive X presets are going to be free for the next few weeks. Should be released by tomorrow. :)

SO... I am adding the prefixes to 64 presets. You can't simply change the file names, you have to re-save each one. BUT there is a re-naming bug that pushes the cursor to the end of the file name! You can't even paste the prefix, it is insanely annoying! lol

Is importing your own wavetables still an issue?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 am Is importing your own wavetables still an issue?
I don't think you can do that

Yeah, IMO the preset browser is the no 1 thing NI needs to improve. It's a real handicap for this synth.

Hey guys, as promised here are the presets. I went and renamed them all with prefixes. Enjoy!! :D

PREMIUM MASSIVE X PRESETS - FREE UNTIL 14.04.2020 https://newloops.com/products/quarantin ... -x-presets

I noticed a interesting behavior: On a i5 laptop, Massive X's CPU consumption lowers (expectedly), when I activate the high performance energy plan. On a Xeon desktop PC, and on a i3 laptop, the CPU consumption stays the same, regardless of which energy plan is active.

Is there any reason for that? Maybe related to AVX?

chk071 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:21 pm I noticed a interesting behavior: On a i5 laptop, Massive X's CPU consumption lowers (expectedly), when I activate the high performance energy plan. On a Xeon desktop PC, and on a i3 laptop, the CPU consumption stays the same, regardless of which energy plan is active.

Is there any reason for that? Maybe related to AVX?
The energy plans are not the same, especially for new laptops. There's some internal voodoo going on with C-States etc. only known possibly to the manufacturer of the mainboard/laptop.

On new Dells for example, it isn't even possible to select the High Performance plan anymore.

Anyways, maybe on your i5 the speedstep or coolnquite is correctly implemented/activated, on the others not. It's also possible, that the i5 has a different speedstep behavior like "going lower" than the i3 in speed.

Alright, thanks. :) I actually had to create the high performance energy plan on both laptops, because, by default, Windows 10 only has the balanced energy plan available. At least on laptops.

Return to “Instruments”