Massive X 1.2 is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:05 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:16 am Looks like a decent update. :)

Very excited and and have high expectations about this one in particular:
FIXED in the latest FL Studio 20.6 release: Massive X plugin window doesn't shrink anymore on every preset load
Hope it solves the irritating GUI fluctuations.
Unfortunately, the GUI still flickers when changing presets. That too weirder than before, apparently.

Is anyone else facing this issue? I don't think it is related to FL Studio, but probably related to graphics. I am using on-board Intel HD 630. Only Massive X is having GUI issues, nothing else.
no graphics issues ...
FLS 20.5 / Win10 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 730

no graphics issues here either ...140% dark flat 4K
Bitwig 3.1, Cubase 10, Live 9 or Studio One 4/ Win10 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 980

(PS- some nice new presets- Face Warp, Emotion Motion, Dream Away, Inner Nature and Reckoning would also have been added to favourite if only you could do that! Given that they keep adding new presets this is what I miss most as I use several different DAWS in my studio.)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:13 pm no graphics issues here either ...140% dark flat 4K

(PS- some nice new presets- Face Warp, Emotion Motion, Dream Away, Inner Nature and Reckoning would also have been added to favourite if only you could do that! Given that they keep adding new presets this is what I miss most as I use several different DAWS in my studio.)
you can save presets as favorites if you open up Massive X inside of Maschine or Komplete Kontrol.
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

wetdentist wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:23 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:13 pm no graphics issues here either ...140% dark flat 4K

you can save presets as favorites if you open up Massive X inside of Maschine or Komplete Kontrol.
Yerh, I always forget to open it that way and then I find something I like ! (I have just written 'Vintage Pro' on a post-it for a bother track I will open later that I was working on!

Most DAWS like also have a preset marking/management system etc, but as all of the other VSTi's I own let you favorite etc within the synth and I have just been lazy and got used that...I am sure better preset management will come.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

experimental.crow wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:58 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:05 pm Is anyone else facing this issue? I don't think it is related to FL Studio, but probably related to graphics. I am using on-board Intel HD 630. Only Massive X is having GUI issues, nothing else.
no graphics issues ...
Yeah, flickering is an issue on some Intel chips, not on nVidia or AMD. Happens over here on HD 530 too (but only when the preset window is opened and sporadically).

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:30 pm I am no fan but I almost feel sorry for NI- they give away a nice reverb and e-voucher for Xmas, give an update with 100 free (actually pretty decent) presets) and they have about 3 threads all ongoing on KVR about how poor their development is!
I feel the frustration that they are not addressing basic browser and midi issues, but come on guys, it is the season of good will ;-)
Culture, or lack of it, can dominate a season, in many cases.
If it were a new synth, with 100 presets and full hour demo sessions,
called Medium Z, there might be a different response :dog:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:05 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:16 am Looks like a decent update. :)

Very excited and and have high expectations about this one in particular:
FIXED in the latest FL Studio 20.6 release: Massive X plugin window doesn't shrink anymore on every preset load
Hope it solves the irritating GUI fluctuations.
Unfortunately, the GUI still flickers when changing presets. That too weirder than before, apparently.

Is anyone else facing this issue? I don't think it is related to FL Studio, but probably related to graphics. I am using on-board Intel HD 630. Only Massive X is having GUI issues, nothing else.
I believe there is an issue with some iGPUs. But anyone with a modern GPU shouldn't experience any issues. If I were you I'd just pick up a cheap AMD GPU.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Thanks for the comments: Steve1974, experimental.crow, and v1o.
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:49 pm
experimental.crow wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:58 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:05 pm Is anyone else facing this issue? I don't think it is related to FL Studio, but probably related to graphics. I am using on-board Intel HD 630. Only Massive X is having GUI issues, nothing else.
no graphics issues ...
Yeah, flickering is an issue on some Intel chips, not on nVidia or AMD. Happens over here on HD 530 too (but only when the preset window is opened and sporadically).
Any idea when is this irritating behaviour going to be resolved? If it is a problem with Massive X, it should be the top priority.

Does having latest graphics drivers help by any chance? I am using old, stable drivers due to some other reason, hence this question.

It's probably an issue between the Qt framework version and Intel's OpenGL drivers. Or just Intel's drivers for those particular iGPUs. Not sure if there's something NI could do on their side to alleviate this, but who knows...

I'm on latest Intel drivers and it still happens, so it's not that.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:44 am It's probably an issue between the Qt framework version and Intel's OpenGL drivers. Or just Intel's drivers for those particular iGPUs. Not sure if there's something NI could do on their side to alleviate this, but who knows...

I'm on latest Intel drivers and it still happens, so it's not that.
Thanks for the insight. It sucks though if it not an issue with Massive X, because we don't know if it will ever get resolved. I wonder why other synths don't have this issue. :?

Is it a known issue with the Massive X team? Any idea if there are any attempts being made towards resolve it? I mean just in case there is a workaround.

Okay, I will stay on my existing drivers then.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:49 amI wonder why other synths don't have this issue. :?
Because they're not using OpenGL vector drawing in that particular way NI is using, utilizing Qt framework?

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:50 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:49 amI wonder why other synths don't have this issue. :?
Because they're not using OpenGL vector drawing in that particular way NI is using, utilizing Qt framework?
Hmmm, I don't have much idea in these things. Is it a known issue with the Massive X team? Any idea if there are any attempts being made towards resolving it? I mean just in case there is a workaround.

Yeah it's a known issue. And that's all I'm allowed to say. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:21 am Yeah it's a known issue. And that's all I'm allowed to say. :)
No worries, that's enough to know. Thanks. :)

Integrated graphics issue?

PC Master Race prevails :borg:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Instruments”