Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ploki wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:10 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:46 am

bought the door and lock, fitted them myself

it's still irrelevant
imagine having to buy a new house when the lock breaks == iLok
How about your model fits for everyone except AnX who turns out to be a carpenter-cum-locksmith?

Boy, if he had a hammer....

Software ilok is very useful, huge timesaver when setting up a new machine or working at a different location.

No searching old emails for serials, asking for activations or installing loads of portal/manger apps.

Never had issues here.

Operator error????????

fortycoats wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:10 pm Software ilok is very useful, huge timesaver when setting up a new machine or working at a different location.

No searching old emails for serials, asking for activations or installing loads of portal/manger apps.

Never had issues here.
i love the concept - i just hate the execution

Love ilok. Never failed me and still have a free spare from a dev 7 years back. Works till they go under :)

byllabong wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:03 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:10 pm

it's still irrelevant
imagine having to buy a new house when the lock breaks == iLok
How about your model fits for everyone except AnX who turns out to be a carpenter-cum-locksmith?

Boy, if he had a hammer....
i have several

:lol:

More BPM please

I use Ilock, E-licenser and acusticaAudio aquarius among others. I have had no problems with either in therms of deleting, recovering and transferring licenses at all. The biggest feature for me is that if a computer has to be replaced you do not have to enter any licence info on the new PC but only reinstall the program and plugin the license key voila!
But Aquarius is far superior it allows one to download and update all of my purchases from one interface. I would highly welcome that feature in the other protection sceams.

Code: Select all

A license transfer fee of $25 is charged by iLok to transfer ownership of a license, which can either be paid by the buyer or seller. Either way, you’ve got just as much control over the resale of your license as you would with a physical copy of software. Think about what’s happening; you’re basically transferring over your legal license to another user without any paperwork or lawyer!

Best of all: you don’t have to make a trip to the post office to ship a single thing - just click a button.
oof, all the times I had to make a trip to the post office to transfer licenses of my other plugins i could've not? :dog:

Not only do you open yourself up to risk legally, but you’re doing it for an inferior, ripped off product. You don’t just “remove” licenses from a product – something always gets stripped out with it.
Lol, great scare tactics, too bad it's not true.

That iLok hanging out of the side? That shows you’re somebody that takes your art seriously.
might as well hang my dick out. Thank god i have an iLok, I will buy a USB hub so i can display it IN FRONT of my computer! Oh wait no, they often don't work well with those. (or was that the eLicenser?)

Think I’m wrong? Talk to any professional with a plaque on their wall!

If there’s a standard in the recording industry, the iLok just might be it.
Amazing, so all the plugin manufacturers I bought software from that don't do exclusively iLok must be complete f**king asshats!

For the stationary producers (or the ones running everything on a single laptop), iLok License Manager now allows you to load your license directly to a Host Machine instead of a dongle.
If i wipe or lose a computer with non-key soft-license activation, apparently I won't be able to deactivate said license - because it'll prompt me to deactivate said license on the said (now non-existing) computer. (I just tried that in my iLok manager).
And then i have to contact PACE Support, which so far have been less than helpful.

Don't get me wrong, the concept itself is probably wonderful if it were executed better. But pace manager looks like something someones cousin who is a butcher cooked up in java.
I just opened it on my other computer with iLok plugged in and have been waiting 3 minutes for it to wake up at all.

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:28 am
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:41 am
glokraw wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:02 am At some level, you did pay the locksmiths, carpenters, and door-hangers,
and you'll pay them again if there's a break-in. (Hopefully, no break-ins)
Cheers
im a carpenter, do it all myself.... but that's irrelevant, i still don't charge ppl to come into my house
Are you a blacksmith as well or does your door have a wooden lock?

it's still irrelevant
Actually the whole thread is irrelevant. Just more whining and moaning about iLok.

fortycoats wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:10 pm Software ilok is very useful, huge timesaver when setting up a new machine or working at a different location.

Never had issues here.
My timesaver is even better.. I don't use a single plugin that uses an installer as well as no copy protection - apart from 2 plugins (out of around 100) that have key files. I can just drag and drop my plugin folder, point the DAW to it and hey presto. Took me a while to find all the right plugins to build this (dream) way of working but I managed it.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:11 am... nobody suffers from me having a lock on my door
If it locks from the outside, I imagine it would make the neighbours quite happy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Ploki wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:56 pm

A license transfer fee of $25 is charged by iLok to transfer ownership of a license, which can either be paid by the buyer or seller. Either way, you’ve got just as much control over the resale of your license as you would with a physical copy of software. Think about what’s happening; you’re basically transferring over your legal license to another user without any paperwork or lawyer!

Best of all: you don’t have to make a trip to the post office to ship a single thing - just click a button.
oof, all the times I had to make a trip to the post office to transfer licenses of my other plugins i could've not? :dog:

Not only do you open yourself up to risk legally, but you’re doing it for an inferior, ripped off product. You don’t just “remove” licenses from a product – something always gets stripped out with it.
Lol, great scare tactics, too bad it's not true.

That iLok hanging out of the side? That shows you’re somebody that takes your art seriously.
might as well hang my dick out. Thank god i have an iLok, I will buy a USB hub so i can display it IN FRONT of my computer! Oh wait no, they often don't work well with those. (or was that the eLicenser?)

Think I’m wrong? Talk to any professional with a plaque on their wall!

If there’s a standard in the recording industry, the iLok just might be it.
Amazing, so all the plugin manufacturers I bought software from that don't do exclusively iLok must be complete f**king asshats!

For the stationary producers (or the ones running everything on a single laptop), iLok License Manager now allows you to load your license directly to a Host Machine instead of a dongle.
If i wipe or lose a computer with non-key soft-license activation, apparently I won't be able to deactivate said license - because it'll prompt me to deactivate said license on the said (now non-existing) computer. (I just tried that in my iLok manager).
And then i have to contact PACE Support, which so far have been less than helpful.

Don't get me wrong, the concept itself is probably wonderful if it were executed better. But pace manager looks like something someones cousin who is a butcher cooked up in java.
I just opened it on my other computer with iLok plugged in and have been waiting 3 minutes for it to wake up at all.
Wow, that post gives me migraine. :o

BONES wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:08 am
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:11 am... nobody suffers from me having a lock on my door
If it locks from the outside, I imagine it would make the neighbours quite happy.
:hihi:

Return to “Effects”