Behringer - Go Go Eurorack!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:55 pm ah the nostalgia :hihi:
In a couple of decades we're going to look back and laugh at all the black gadgets aren't we.

"This would be so much better looking if it came in Pantone 448 C."

Curious.. anyone here getting into Eurorack because of this, when it’s released, or thinking about it?

And, if so, are you starting by racking a semi-modular, at least in the beginning?

Just wondering, really.

NEUTRON is pretty much a self contained eurorack there are so many possibilities and patch points- you can't go wrong starting with this for the cost of a case (and you dont need a case!)

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Be ... ans(en|en)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

You gotta start with the units that are inspiring you to play with euro in the first place. I got a Rampage and a uO_C as some of my first modules because I wanted to play with sequencing and slew limiting. Lots of people seem to start with drum modules because they want to make interesting beats.

Racking a semi-modular is a good way to get some basics covered on a budget, but it means allocating a lot of space to "normal stuff" instead of "YOU stuff". I'd recommend them to people who aren't sure yet that they want to go full modular.

Specs, from Behringer responses to questions posted on the original youtube video:
The case has a maximum module depth from 40 mm (1.57'') rear row, and 62 mm (2.44'') in 60% of the front row.
That is how it was stated several times, but I suspect the measurements are reversed, given the power supply, cable attachment (being pointed to), and indented hand-grip in the back row appear to intrude on approximately 40% of the space, whereas the stand-grab indent on the front row is perhaps 10-15% of the available space. Could be just me. :shrug:
Go Eurorack Our new modular synth case - YouTube.png
The case has a ultra-low noise power supply which provides +12V @ 3A (1A for the +12V rail per zone), -12V @ 1A, and +5 V@ 1A in total.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

200 ish (euros) for this seemingly, so quite a bit cheaper than the tiptop case.
40 mm is not very deep imho. No interest here, maybe good for others tho...

kvotchin wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:11 pm Curious.. anyone here getting into Eurorack because of this, when it’s released, or thinking about it?
absolutely not

kvotchin wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:11 pm Curious.. anyone here getting into Eurorack because of this, when it’s released, or thinking about it?

And, if so, are you starting by racking a semi-modular, at least in the beginning?

Just wondering, really.
I might, if the price is right. I've been thinking about going modular for a while, ever simce getting Softube's Modular. I already have Model D and Crave, so these two + a case and some LFO and filter modules would make a nice starting point for a modular setup.

Though I might get the Nifty Bundle instead, you get a 84 hp case, MIDI to CV, a sequencer and a 2osc chiptune module for 269€.

I expected a bit more power provided by the case. Based on the stats, 4 Neutron/Model Ds would fit in, but only 3 would get enough power? :P
40 mm is not very deep imho.
Yeah, some Doepfer modules need up tp 70mm depth.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”