Electronic track: Tell Me is it True?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another track from the EP Power of God.
Let me know what you think

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/tell-me-is-it-true.

You can buy the full EP (8 tracks) on bandcamp for 2€:
http://mozex.bandcamp.com/album/power-of-god
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

nm

sounds cool. its got an 80s synth pop sound (to my ears anyway). my only comment is, (and this is just because I am real snob about drum sequencing) is that i find the arrangement doesn't seem to have transition parts in the drums. its just straight on kick snare and just stops or starts. which i guess is fine as there are not real rules -- but it would be nice to hear some short fills so the listener is preped to when the parts change. just my 2 cents.
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Yes you are right telecode. I aint that good in creating drums. In the beginning I just used loops, now I use Boom ( a drum computer plugin) It is the same the whole time yes, its true, sometimes some parts of the pattern go away and fall back in, I do record everything seperatly, so kick, snare, clap, hihat and so on, so I can easily remove some of it.
You are right, it would be better if I did that I guess but I do not really like creating the drums. I am a keyboardplayer, not a drummer... I know you are right and will try next song if I can come up with something, it would indeed make the song better.
For now I just finished another EP and I am not really in the mood to change it since I already uploaded the files to SABAM (its a Belgian organisation you need to pay when you play peoples music on parties and so on) They have an online depot to put your songs on in case other people steal it. It gives you a paper of authorship. This service costs a bit of money. The first 5 years are free but after that its 10€ for 4 songs for another 4 years. I can not take songs away either. But as I said, I will try to come up with something in my new songs but I will take some time before you will hear it. I have around 10 songs I still need to share before you even will hear it. If it works out because really, I suck at creating drums... At least I aint using bought loops anymore so thats not to bad I think.
I want to thank you for your positive feedback also. It means a lot to me.

i think it ultimately doesn't matter what i say. its your music and your statement. you may want to check out the way some early Ultravox stuff was done. it might be a mix of ream drums and sequencers but has some great ideas how to incorporate fills into electronic type music.

https://youtu.be/IWoEnfCcM6o?t=107
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Thx!

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”