OK, what happened to MPE ???

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lol, guys, I'm not sure why you are fighting with me. I'm on same side with you. Bitwig is cool and I want it to be even better.

But yes, just a couple of days ago I was searching for MPE option and even googled why it was removed (was sure it was easier to reach it). Which _obviously_ means wrong UX decision, especially taking into account I'm seasoned user, not novice.
Again, hence this thread.

You are free to be happy with current implementation though.

Took me a moment to figure out where it went when it moved. Once learn, I never thought about it again and it is easy to use.

I consider it a trivial non issue...

all is see is the track option and not the device option. It was not like that before, so something changed.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:35 pm Took me a moment to figure out where it went when it moved. Once learn, I never thought about it again and it is easy to use.

I consider it a trivial non issue...
Don't consider it a trivial issue wherein no one actually pointed me where to go but kept talking and arguing about it. It used to be there. When i select the polysynth all i get is the instrument track in the inspector now. I clearly remember the MPE feature being there, clear as day. So if there is any other steps or clicks to do please kindly describe where this tool needs to click to see the option.

thanks

BobDog wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:10 pm But it was a track setting wasn't it?

Is different midi recorded for different devices?

So If I have a device chain where one device is MPE and another through a different route isn't, does BW use the note based articulation midi recording for one and midi based recording for another?

How do I access these different representations for each device?

Also a controller script is "MPE enabled" but that is linked to a track, also I can't have a single "Controller script" working in "Non MPE" and "MPE" mode.

For me the whole thing is a bit of a mess, but what do I know.

Also I'm not saying that any other DAW is better at this stuff, they all have issues.
I don't remember it being a track setting. I remember you used to have to right-click the device and say "Force MPE". That was how you made a VST be "MPE aware". Then just added the settings to the panel and changed it to "MPE On". Different devices can have different pitch bend ranges, those settings can not be track specific, they must be device specific.

I don't have the new 3.1 so I can't speak for where it is now, but in 3.03, which is what I'm on, it makes perfect sense and could not be more simple.

It appears in the inspector when you select a device, but there seems to be a bug where the inspector shows track properties instead of device properties when there was a track selected before selecting a device. I'm still investigating how to trigger this glitch in a consistent manner.

i knew i was not dreaming this up. This is exactly what is happening.

I select the polysynth and it has no track and i see the instrument track instead. so i guess i was right then. A bug was introduced.

kokonut1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:15 am i knew i was not dreaming this up. This is exactly what is happening.

I select the polysynth and it has no track and i see the instrument track instead. so i guess i was right then. A bug was introduced.
Seems like they fixed it

Figured it out. You have to double click on the device to get MPE and device track not just highlight it. All good now.

Return to “Bitwig”